Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:41:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

2012 Featherstone arsonist

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Featherstone arsonist  (Read 822 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: February 04, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »

As you all know Featherstone has been the training ground for many an arsonist well above the national average in attacks.
Brentwood was bound to happen.
What is new and what the police probably don’t know as they are not informed by the 999 service is that it looks very much like we have a new arsonist.
Post office road 2 weeks ago had 2 wheely bins set alight in gardens at 3.30 am ish. This morning again at about 3.30am ish and again on Post Office road A full row of allotment buildings went up that looked like a miniature fire of London.
There are also in the same are 2 fires found that look like they went out. This is just what is known with out the fire service records of other fires.
Who the hell is hanging about at that time of day?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 08:20:08 pm »

Was there any livestock killed yetion1?
Forkhandles

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:47:34 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16869921
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 02:16:31 pm »

Was there any livestock killed yetion1?

Not sure, but there was plenty of buildings went. It was Cllr Denises from Nth Fev.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:43 pm »

9.40PM and another fire on the alotments at the end of post office road.
Forkhandles

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 10:02:40 pm »

These cretins are dangerous...its only a matter of time before someone is killed or badly injured Angry
Honest Pudding

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:13:29 am »

I really don't get why there seems to be such a communication issue between the emergency services when it comes to arson.  It seems like it doesn't go through the appropriate channels unless there is a loss of life or an inhabited property.  I moved here from within the Five Towns and not so long ago spent months with the unoccupied business next door to mine being targeted by arsonists practically weekly.   My neighbor and I reported fires being set g not actually slight) and the fire service would attend.  We reported smoke, flames, the strong smell of accelerant and the fire service would attend.  My neighbor witnessed the people setting the fire and then bumped into them down the road watching the fire being extinguished.   I can't speak for my neighbour, but I never saw the police attend the fires nor do anything but increase the NOT walk by's.    Until the night that neither my neighbor or I saw the fire being set and by the time the fire service attended the building was engulfed.   Then the police were there to close the road.    I was upset it had been asked to reach that level and I spoke to someone in the fire service who said "I don't know why the police didn't put up Accra camera after so many attempts to burn this place down."    Good ****** questioron.  But it made me wonder if the police were really properly aware of what was going on.  It seemed more like they were treated as isolated incidents rather than a series of targeted attacks. 

So here in Feb, they're seems to be a similar issue.  It's almost as if it's not being escalated because it's "just" vacant buildings due to be demolished or "just" allotments.     It's disappointing if that is the case.  They might feel differently if it was theirs or they lived next door to it.    Even living in the proximity of it is devastating to middle and I wish I had a clue what could be done to bridge that gap in communication. 
John

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 09:09:09 pm »

I drove past the Jubilee Steps this afternoon and noticed Wakefield cleaners clearing the path down the passage way. On the way back from Pontefract while I was parked at the lights I noticed that a large section of fencing belonging to the end house had been set on fire.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:38 pm »

Post Office road alotments have a fair fire burning with two appliances on site now. Hope there isnt another fire in the area more serious to himan life. Sad

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum