Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:04:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Wakefield Councillors

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wakefield Councillors  (Read 1489 times)
merlin

« on: November 15, 2010, 11:06:35 am »

In a time of massive cutbacks over every sphere of society, due to the country being screwed over by politicians and bankers, guess which branch of Wakefield Council hasn't announced any cutbacks?
Peter Box is quoted in the latest issue of "the citizen, Following the review, i have to tell you that you may not be able to depend on your council for all the services that you have come to rely on in the past. We need to look at ways of providing services - some may be provided by others, others may not be provided at all."

In October the Council spent £ 87,876.30 on Councillors

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/2556FA2A-5886-4240-A5A8-ADD75D321067/0/Councillors_allowances_October2010.pdf

1st April 2009 to 31st March 2010 £ 1,068,535.63

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/29EA8A7D-E381-4E69-90F4-611BDADC947D/0/MembersAllowances_StatutoryRegisterSummary_20092010.pdf

makes interesting reading.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »

This should sadly hit the press this week.
Cllr Kay Binnersley has walked to Labour today.
Words…… to save all the editing, just a dark day for Featherstone. Sad
rigger

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 10:06:51 pm »

ya never know yetion. it might turn out to be a good move. she can now prob get featherstone some recognition in dark times, she could end up mp then featherstone will hopefully get what the independents have been fighting for, for so long. lets look at it as a smart calculated move on the independants part. do the independants now need to vote for a new leader.
Kim685

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 08:20:11 am »

ya never know yetion. it might turn out to be a good move. she can now prob get featherstone some recognition in dark times, she could end up mp then featherstone will hopefully get what the independents have been fighting for, for so long. lets look at it as a smart calculated move on the independants part.
Have to agree, it could be a good move

Forkhandles

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 08:35:49 am »

Can't blame her really, theres just no future for indie councilors.
primax

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:01:48 pm »

I heard today that she's not the only one thats gonna defect. Seems the house of cards has collapsed.
Kim685

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 08:02:05 am »

Kay has my support. She is still the same person who cares deeply for this town and I know she will continue to fight for the good of the people.

san!

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 11:04:23 am »

I might join as well, sick of these CONLIB's, allready we are going back to the days of Thatcher...demonstrations, riots what next STRIKES.
If this is what we pay our taxes for god help us all, because by the sound of things next year is gonna get worse.
How many families are going to suffer because of these cuts....tax the bankers! not the innocent.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 07:42:18 pm »

Someone being asked for a quote just couldn’t be that simple for the Labour Party news rag “The Pont & Cas Express".
Today’s “story” regards Labour Kay is a cracker. Karen Kier comments as a resident. Mr Yates answers as Chamber of trade?
How’s that then when only 2 comments were given in front of witnesses.
1.   You can have a comment, but it would have to be as an individual.
2.   I hope Kay is happy in the WMDC flower beds with Peter Box.

Does that sound anything like what is written?
Wonder who is pulling the strings on this one?
Come on Labour you can do better than that. Next!
primax

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 10:20:23 pm »

Someone being asked for a quote just couldn’t be that simple for the Labour Party news rag “The Pont & Cas Express".
Today’s “story” regards Labour Kay is a cracker. Karen Kier comments as a resident. Mr Yates answers as Chamber of trade?

Everything seems to be a conspiracy in your eyes.
In my eyes its simple - she's left a sinking ship. Roy lost his seat, no doubt others will follow and if anyone wants to continue a political career around these parts its obvious to anyone its not gonna be with the indies.
Its a career move on her part - nothing else.
Forkhandles

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 08:30:16 am »

Kay has my support. She is still the same person who cares deeply for this town and I know she will continue to fight for the good of the people.

Well said kim, she'll have my support too Grin
ridings.info

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 10:43:59 am »

I do not normally get involved with politics no matter how bad the mud slinging gets but this serious issue of defection is so close to home I feel it necessary to ask the following question.

“If an individual can change their elected beliefs and allegiances so readily no matter what the cost will be to others, how then can that individual ever be trusted again?”
Kim685

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 02:09:55 pm »

I do not normally get involved with politics no matter how bad the mud slinging gets but this serious issue of defection is so close to home I feel it necessary to ask the following question.

“If an individual can change their elected beliefs and allegiances so readily no matter what the cost will be to others, how then can that individual ever be trusted again?”

Quote from Kay:
Coun Binnersley said: “Until the Lister Baths campaign I was a big advocate of Labour. At the time the issue come up I felt people needed an alternative. It was a catalyst for the public to be listened to and it changed the way Wakefield district looked at consulting the people and things 
improved.

“Ultimately, if the Labour councillors in Featherstone wanted to pay me back for the loss of seats in 2004 they could not vote for me to continue at the next elections, but I would like to think that we will have built bridges and they will continue to support me working for the people.

“The time is right for coming together with people, it isn’t productive for the ward to continue this rift.”

Source: Pontefract & Castleford Express

Whistleblower

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 07:33:28 pm »

Surely you don’t think Binnersley has done this for Featherstone ? All I know is I wasted my vote and she’s let me down. She will now have to fall in line with the rest of her new party and do as she’s told  Lips sealed
Kim685

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 11:11:02 pm »

In my eyes its simple - she's left a sinking ship. Roy lost his seat, no doubt others will follow and if anyone wants to continue a political career around these parts its obvious to anyone its not gonna be with the indies.

I agree Primax

Popeye

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 11:15:05 pm »

Hi guys, been a while since I posted had me reasons many of which I have been trying to come to terms with over the past few days. Some of you have made valid objections some of you may have seen through them. I'm not angry or want to argue with any of you because every one of you are probably correct in your personnel reasonings of the events this week, things affect us all in different ways. For me I am not upset for the fact that Kay has moved over nor should it upset anyone that truly knows what she is made of, a fighter who is ahead of any other prospective labour candidate. If the red rose starts to show a tinge of purple around this district you can blame that on her as well. Sooner have her doing what she does best, she is crap at haircuts.
primax

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 02:12:19 am »

I don't quite get what you are saying Yeti. How has she changed her beliefs and allegiances? Those beliefs and allegiances are to the electorate not to a party. Doesn't matter what colours she wears as long as she represents the people of this town.
Forkhandles

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 12:26:02 pm »

Well said primax, my sentiments entirely Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »

Not everything Primax. But when black is suddenly white conspiracy usually answers the questions.
Try this one.
Is it the deep hatred or just the political gain complete with financial rewards that continues to encourage the old school Featherstone Labour party?

This week provides an insight in to this dark world.

It appears it was the turn of Community stalwart Brian Harper to taste the wrath of big brother labour.
If you do not know Brian he is an elderly Featherstone man who has spent most of his spare time raising money for Featherstone, The Armed Forces and was a leading figure in bringing together the Featherstone War memorial. All his life he has been a Labour party supporter and member from an early age.

Brian’s love for Featherstone extended to Lister baths. A pool where his dad swam on the first day it opened and where Brian swam on the last day before it shut. His son also worked at the baths. Brian and his family had a love for Lister baths. So much so he rightly joined the majority of Featherstone and opposed the decision to close the pool.
For fighting for his beliefs Brian has been rejected by the labour party. Although continuing to pay his annual membership as a true labour party supporter, Brian has been singled out as the next person on the labour party revenge list.

It appears that David Bond ex-labour district Cllr (who lost his seat to Lister Baths) wrote a complaint to the labour party HQ at Wakefield. Last week Cllr Isherwood and Cllr Taylor with David Bond drove to Wakefield Labour party HQ to give evidence against Brian. What evidence it was. Sounded like spoilt children complaining how there names and address as Cllrs had been published as opposes to keeping Lister Baths shut. If they don’t like the heat stay out of the kitchen springs to mind.
When Cllrs Taylor and Isherwood were questioned why they had kept their mouths shut regards 15000 signatures received on a petition that went missing the silence continued just as did when they both were asked where the documents had gone all those years ago.

Don’t worry labour Cllrs. The next batch of posters showing the labour Cllrs new expenses voted for by themselves with names and address on looks great. All legal off course. Wink
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »

It’s been a while since a post was added to this topic. After a couple of times reading it again it is interesting who said what at that point in history. Feelings were and remain strong especially regards the Kay subject, but most important people had a voice and made their point either way. The fire was still lit.
Sadly with full control the Labour council appears to have taken us right back to the days before individual people made a noise....... Or perhaps not............. This website is very straight to the point.

http://www.wakefieldvoice.com/
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum