Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:04:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Wakefield Councillors

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wakefield Councillors  (Read 1521 times)
Kim685

« on: November 26, 2010, 02:09:55 pm »

I do not normally get involved with politics no matter how bad the mud slinging gets but this serious issue of defection is so close to home I feel it necessary to ask the following question.

“If an individual can change their elected beliefs and allegiances so readily no matter what the cost will be to others, how then can that individual ever be trusted again?”

Quote from Kay:
Coun Binnersley said: “Until the Lister Baths campaign I was a big advocate of Labour. At the time the issue come up I felt people needed an alternative. It was a catalyst for the public to be listened to and it changed the way Wakefield district looked at consulting the people and things 
improved.

“Ultimately, if the Labour councillors in Featherstone wanted to pay me back for the loss of seats in 2004 they could not vote for me to continue at the next elections, but I would like to think that we will have built bridges and they will continue to support me working for the people.

“The time is right for coming together with people, it isn’t productive for the ward to continue this rift.”

Source: Pontefract & Castleford Express
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum