Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:44:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

the 84 strike

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the 84 strike  (Read 2664 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: May 06, 2008, 08:37:41 pm »

i am sure there are plenty of personal immages out there and i hope some can be placed here. to get things going these immages are very powerful,

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ruthie

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:36:10 pm »

Makes me wonder what life would be like now if there hadn't been the miners strikes especially seen as I’ve never experienced life with the pits.

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
Bob

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 10:23:31 pm »

Wink fantastic site, I enjoyed the u tube, as I was at Orgreave on three seperate demos with the Ackton hall pickets as you can see it was pretty hairy at times and I am almost certain on the last occasion the Chief inspector stood on top of a small concrete building and read or threatened to read the riot act out, I have a photograph of members of Ackton hall union members with the union banner I think it was taken at Doncaster miners gala day during the strike84/85,I am waiting for help to put on theis site
Greencatcher

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

Not really to do with the strike but I thought someone may find this interesting, It`s a photograph of the Paddy Train at Acton Hall

Forkhandles

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 05:21:14 pm »

Who's driving it?
Greencatcher

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 05:34:03 pm »

I was hoping that someone on here would know.
Kim685

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:33:43 am »

Did anyone go to St Thomas Church Hall for their dinner during the strike? I was one of the main helpers  Grin

fev angel

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 10:36:23 am »

well done kim thats was a very bad time for them and its nice to know that there was people out there just wanting to help them know wunder some off them went back to work even more when they had small children can you tell me was it just for the miners or all of them
Bob

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 08:32:22 pm »

hi Kim do you remember Janet, one of the miners wives support group who helped set up the soup kitchen.

some thing to think about  Featherstone rovers are to play a team from the army this year, 25 years ago another team of men from Featherstone alledgedly faced the army on the picket lines, it was said that they could be identified by no numbers on their police uniforms and army issue boots,
Bob
Forkhandles

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 09:09:54 pm »

hi Kim do you remember Janet, one of the miners wives support group who helped set up the soup kitchen.

some thing to think about  Featherstone rovers are to play a team from the army this year, 25 years ago another team of men from Featherstone alledgedly faced the army on the picket lines, it was said that they could be identified by no numbers on their police uniforms and army issue boots,
Bob

Thats true bob, my mate came face to face with his old army buddy, who was still in the army.
Kim685

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:32:06 pm »

Yes I remember Janet and was it Rita? We had some good laughs up there  Grin

Bob

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 08:25:12 pm »

Hi again Kim, Janet remembers you and yes it was also Rita,Steve Ritas husband was a good mate of mine he was are main driver when we went picketing mostly in Knottingham, unfortunately there are very few of the "Lads" left localy and hadly anyone wants to talk about the events of 25 years past, a bit sad but I suppose people need to move on at the cost of the break up of the community we once knew and respected.
Bob
belle

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:09 pm »

Not been on here for a while and just been showing the vids to my partner (who isnt on here) ...brought back many memories for him ...he was looking out for himself of the vid, he was there  Smiley..spotted George though LOL
Kim685

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 01:36:37 pm »

This is a video that a swedish news company made of us and other miners and their wives in 1984

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMCUiXUrss&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQKq40rYLc3zj4MXPZaVnLw

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 08:02:32 pm »

Not seen this before. A good bit of local history. No sarcy comments, only how much people do and don’t change. Verner looked clean and the paths on Station Lane looked the best they ever have. The gulley argument could be won using this video.  Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 07:42:26 pm »

Considering some very incorrect stories and extreme editing recently forgive me for asking about this report.
“Hundreds of people, all day?”

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/local-news/slideshow-hundreds-turn-out-to-remember-pit-massacre-1-6036931
Forkhandles

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 08:04:31 pm »

I'd say there were between 70 - 80 Grin

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum