Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:06:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Tunnel/s from Nostel Priory to Featherstone myth

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tunnel/s from Nostel Priory to Featherstone myth  (Read 5430 times)
laughing buffallo man

« on: December 22, 2011, 11:21:40 am »

Hi Primax
Yeah, there was technology involved in the construction of mines and tunnels.

Ironically, the ability of people to mine huge quantities of lead during the medievil period proves the skills/ knowledge to complete the task existed.
The most famous mines of this period are in France. Given the sduccessful revolution which occurred in France in the following centuries, it is probable that the mines there were exposed to public more easily than this country.

The technology is not my concern, but from what I have read, it seems that methane can be dealt with by the use of acid solutions. Also, it is when a tunnel has been out of use for awhile that the greatest dangers will arise. But; unlike mines, these tunnels would have, by necessity been in regular use, and by a select number of people. The spoil created by any of these tunnels wopuld have been taken away by water. As inthose tunnels exposed in the 1990`s under the Holy land, water flowed freely in the tunnelbelow the level of stepping stones.

Of course health and safety was not quite such an issue then, and there was greater access to prisoners et al.

The line from  Newlands to Wakefield of @ 2 miles is interesting in itself. The bridge church and original Heath House arent far from this line.

This point is where the use of geometry, sacred geometry, numbers 5 & 1, and patterns of settlements replicated across the world give some clues.

The geography - social and physical has changed over the last 1,000 years.

It will be obvious to you frommy post that I dont have all the answers, but its asking the right questions Im finding interesting.     
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum