Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:07:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Traffic Signal Camera's / Station Lane Crossroads

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traffic Signal Camera's / Station Lane Crossroads  (Read 650 times)
Mr T

« on: December 01, 2008, 03:30:10 pm »

Does anyone else agree that we should have camera's installed at the traffic lights at the bottom of Station Lane to catch all the notorious red light jumpers? The number of times this happen's is unbelievable (Mainly Wakefield to Pontefract and Vice Versa)! It would reduce the possibility of any future (If not serious) collisions! I think it "IS" only a matter of time before there is a serious accident with fatalities! If ever I'm first in the queue, and the lights go to green, I always wait about 3-5 seconds before setting off, and most of the times, it's a good job that I did!
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:54:46 pm »

First the lights need setting properly Cheesy
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:11:36 pm »

the lights have had a fault with the green man for 2 weeks on the Girnhill side i have been told today. i know that has been reported.
as for cameras its a great idea. no one could complain for a ticket running a red light, could they.
over the years many people have been killed or injured.
Victor

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:54:31 pm »

They certainly need checking and setting correctly, but its the same up at the Linpac, many a time im waiting to turn right towards Victoria Garden Centre onto the main Wake road, and there is every morning and evening three or four vehicles that come through on red, from the right hand lane turning towards Acton, the same serious/fatal accident is certain to happen.
The whole lights system throughout Featherstone needs setting correctly though, I was also in those lights just before the Junction pub twice last week, sat there waiting for the lights to change, and noticed that no vehicles were even waiting to come out of Hall St is it, and the traffic was tailing right back through Featherstone, back to the petrol station near the Linpac, surely you would think that priority would be given for the main Wakefield/Pontefract road. Huh
Mr T

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 05:34:22 pm »

Who on earth has been tampering with the timing again on the traffic lights at the bottom of Station Lane? It's worse than ever now! Take note how traffic now queue's up on Girnhill Lane side "PAST" the club and traffic coming out of Priory Road cannot emerge, as the queue goes round onto Priory Road! Joining the queue here takes "THREE" yes "THREE" goes at getting through the lights! Both myself and my Dad have experienced this as I am sure a lot of others have! I roughly timed them and it's riddiculous! When they go to green on Girnhill Lane/Station Lane, they stay green for approx 10 to 15 seconds whilst Wakefield Road gets about 14 hours (OK a slight exaggeration there) but its well over 1 to 2 mins! Can we have them set up fairly please!

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum