Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:37:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is it really a council or a circus?

Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it really a council or a circus?  (Read 1632 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »

Had another Town Council leaflet and noticed the comment that plans to move to the library are well advanced and I have been charged an extra 14% on this year’s council tax for the privilege?
Forgive me if I am wrong but not long after Lister Baths was stolen from the people of Featherstone and sold off for a huge profit that Featherstone never got a penny of.
The next on the list was the original Town Hall in Purston Park. Again putting public opinion aside the property was sold off for a huge profit that Featherstone never got a penny of. Meanwhile Featherstone did finally have some money spent on it with the Old Clock Cafe or Town Hall as you see it today being highly renovated as it was to be the new town hall. But it was not a Town hall in the old sense or like most other Town Halls. Featherstone Town Hall is a room rented in a building owned by WMDC. At the time I believe there was a council tax increase to cover this rent.
So now the plan is to move Featherstone Town Council to a room in the library which will be rented from WMDC. One assumes that the property will be sold off for a huge profit that Featherstone will never get a penny of.
Why is it costing me 14%?
The deal appears to not include the library. As libraries are being shut at an alarming rate is this move the beginning of the end of a Featherstone Town Council?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum