Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:15:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is it really a council or a circus?

Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it really a council or a circus?  (Read 1593 times)
Whistleblower

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 10:09:44 am »

Some good points there Mr Smith  Smiley
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 09:27:24 pm »

To San, that’s an interesting item. We could do with a clear up team to go in to parliament right now.

To Forkhandles, a worthy attempt to communicate and the nearest labour have spoken to Featherstone in years. It’s always worth 1 go.

To the question and list,
Out of 26 serious discrepancies how un-surprising only 9 points raised with 1 agreeing. Confirming the list will not be difficult as the evidence exists.
1.   Fact
2.   Dick, “Without the Labour councillors Featherstone would not now have a swimming pool at all. The pool is used everyday by the main opponents against it Brian Clayton and Cllr Guy.”
Facts provided by Citizen. To add the one missing piece is the pools size. The education department did build the pool after labour members agreed due to public and Independent pressure. The rip off did not stop as labour Cllrs tried to build a pool smaller than the national requirement of 25 metres. Labour tried its best to get away with a 20 metre pool. If it had not been for the Lister Baths Action Group including Brian Clayton and his skill to provide documents Featherstone’s pool today would be 20 metres. If you have ever been you will understand that the walk way around the pool is very small. That’s where they got the extra 5 metres instead of building a bigger building. As for Brian and Pauline they can swim where they like.
3.   Labours reply a “blatant lie”. Why is there on record at WMDC a file of the records of complaint from the newly elected Independent Cllrs regards being unable to gain access? Who is lying?
4.   There are not many people who do not back a Featherstone bypass. Citizens explanation is correct. Until it is put back in to the plan it will never happen. That would be why Independent Cllrs met with SELRAG to see what could be done and have since been working to get the plan updated to include the by-pass. Then we all can campaign to actually make it happen. There is another way to get the road but you will have to wait until mid March to see how.
5.   Sure Tricket will send a messenger.
6.   Dick, “I believe this to be one more Lie.”
You will like this one as there is more than one. My own favourite is MP John Trickets offer of help to the chairman of the Girnhill lane residents association. When the chairman asked for help face to face the reply was “I will punch you in the head!” just for the fact file 2 witnesses and a police report.
7.   One point agreed that the MP uses his expenses to much to print leaflets that come through our doors. We should have the cash.
8.   Dick “Yeti Another Lie for proof go and ask the Community groups.”
Sorry but there have been loads. The latest from Cllr Margaret Isherwood is posted on this site as so are many of the others. There are even more than posted on here. Who lied?
9.   This looks to have been covered.
10.   Dick “The Featherstone charities is NOTHING to do with the Labour party. However ask yates why he is interested in them. I can tell you it is because the old betting office across from the Marlborough Fish shop is wanted by a certain builder from Pontefract and it is owned by guess who the FC.”
This subject is personal to Featherstone especially with £9999.99 of its money going missing EVERY year. You will find the facts posted on this site including a list of members. Only labour Cllrs sit on the panel. Please tell us if the information registered with Charities House in London is incorrect as we would not like there to be a fraud?
Yes i am interested in ALL of the plots of land receiving rent. Yes I said ALL the plots. These are also available to view on the net. My interest is the knowledge of how much £9999.99 would benefit Featherstone folk each year.
Yes I am interested in old book makers. My interest relates to labour Cllr Maureen Tennant King who in a public open meeting admitted being a member of the Featherstone Charity and that they had not met for 4 years. Someone must have communicated especially when the bookmaker moved out. What is even more interesting is that the old town clerk Wendy Wilson was caught working on the Charities accounts in the town hall before she left. As the charity is nothing to do with the town council she was pulled up for basically doing her own work in our tax paying time. As for your obsession to call Brian Clayton the boggle eyed builder you should be ashamed. No one person has donated more of his own cash in to Featherstone including Featherstone Lions as he built it.
To leave the facts growing the most recent update will be interesting to answer. The old betting shop is still under contract with Willian Hill. Someone must have talked to them as they are being forced to knock the hut down and clear the land. My guess is this. 400 houses are due to be built shortly behind the betting shop site. The site cleared will be at its most valuable. The market price could be higher as the house builders will be seeking what ever entrance they can.
Who is lying?
Forkhandles

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 06:31:39 pm »

Looks like this is the last post from Dick on the subject folks, just like to say thanks for participating, thought a bit of good may have come out of it, but never mind, if at first you don't succede.

By the replies so far from Yates it is as I thought. The Independent way of talking and debate "if you do not agree with me then you are wrong" So according to Yates I am a Liar end of Coversation I would like to think that anyone who knows me thinks differently, I have always tried in all my dealings with the Public of Featherstone and the Lions, to be totally open and honest "what you see is what you get," that is how I was brought up.
Let the Electorate make up their minds as I  am sure they will. I will not post again whatever Lies Yates might think up this obviously has been a total waste of my time. Everyone Tells Lies except Yates and his Independent associates.
FINALLY Clayton did Not Build the Lions Clubhouse go on tell me I am a Liar.

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 09:06:50 pm »

Dick Taylorlabour candidate said” By the replies so far from Yates it is as I thought. The Independent way of talking and debate "if you do not agree with me then you are wrong" So according to Yates I am a Liar end of Coversation I would like to think that anyone who knows me thinks differently, I have always tried in all my dealings with the Public of Featherstone and the Lions, to be totally open and honest "what you see is what you get," that is how I was brought up.
Let the Electorate make up their minds as I  am sure they will. I will not post again whatever Lies Yates might think up this obviously has been a total waste of my time. Everyone Tells Lies except Yates and his Independent associates.
FINALLY Clayton did Not Build the Lions Clubhouse go on tell me I am a Liar.”

Now let’s see. It is Dick who first dives in and calls people liars without offering any evidence. We would all like to know the truth about many subjects. You could be the bridge to fix this, or not?
Sorry Dick but you used the word “liar” first and set the tone. The conversation is still going and always will do until answers are found right or wrong.
So you are honest? Why not just answer the questions. Better still as a labour party member ask your people to get rid of our speculation and concern.
I seem to remember the same post as you began your last election.
Finally for the record you are confirming that Brian Clayton had absolutely nothing to do with the construction of Featherstone Lions. That’s the same man you condone to be bullied with the nickname “boggle eyed builder”.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 09:01:51 pm »

There have been some ripe old comments passed on from the labour forum (oh please Roll Eyes).
The criminal record slaging match was looking to be a good one especially.
Well I have to take my hat off to Heather for acting against the dark side of politics.
I am sure Heather will agree that to attempt to register on any forum with a dodgy email address usually only comes from a “crap stirring cheat who is ashamed to be known”. Shocked
A message to anyone wishing to join “WELCOME”. The normal operating people of this great town find no problem. Must be only the labour party with the problem. Roll Eyes
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 09:44:10 pm »

Its been a while since a response was added to this topic. After reading the previous posts I was reminded how bent thing were. Under Labour all the points raised have now changed. The problems are now a lot worse. Sad

Got my council tax bill today,

2% WMDC increase for 50% less service  Huh

Featherstone Town Council with £16.82? Good to know a council needs funds and a further confirmation of a scuttled ship when they last lost control.

2% increase for the fire service. Considering they are now to become medics on the side they need 10% plus more, and not from me  Roll Eyes

3.5% increase for Police crime commissioner/ police? Considering the police now do something else with their time other than attend our 999 calls the Police Commissioner must be on a right old wage Shocked

But hey the majority keep voting Labour and are happy to pay Undecided

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »

Had another Town Council leaflet and noticed the comment that plans to move to the library are well advanced and I have been charged an extra 14% on this year’s council tax for the privilege?
Forgive me if I am wrong but not long after Lister Baths was stolen from the people of Featherstone and sold off for a huge profit that Featherstone never got a penny of.
The next on the list was the original Town Hall in Purston Park. Again putting public opinion aside the property was sold off for a huge profit that Featherstone never got a penny of. Meanwhile Featherstone did finally have some money spent on it with the Old Clock Cafe or Town Hall as you see it today being highly renovated as it was to be the new town hall. But it was not a Town hall in the old sense or like most other Town Halls. Featherstone Town Hall is a room rented in a building owned by WMDC. At the time I believe there was a council tax increase to cover this rent.
So now the plan is to move Featherstone Town Council to a room in the library which will be rented from WMDC. One assumes that the property will be sold off for a huge profit that Featherstone will never get a penny of.
Why is it costing me 14%?
The deal appears to not include the library. As libraries are being shut at an alarming rate is this move the beginning of the end of a Featherstone Town Council?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 08:54:50 pm »

Ok so no one gives a crap that they are paying more council tax for something they no nothing about. Worse still for those very few people who do care apparently why we are paying more has to be kept a secret:

341/17 PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSION TO MEETINGS) ACT 1960 To consider, if thought fit, a resolution under the terms of the Public Bodies Admission to Meetings Act 1960 that the press and public be excluded from items such as the Community Centre Lease which may be of a confidential nature of the business being transacted.

347/17 PRECEPT 2017/18
Wakefield Council has requested the Town Council’s Precept demand by Friday 10th February. It was thought that Members may wish to delay the decision to the meeting on the 8th February but it was decided that the Council still wished to adopt the Community Centre when the lease was finally agreed and that the Precept demand should be £130,000 to assist in covering the costs of running the centre in the first instance this will be offset by the increased usage when the centre, which is currently closed, is reopened. There has been an increase in tax base to 4,487 houses due to the new housing being built in the Featherstone area and therefore a band A property will rise
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2017, 08:58:41 pm »

Does this mean that every business in Featherstone can apply or just every charity? There are many businesses in Featherstone suffering from daily attack who need much needed help.

342/17 MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
A grant cheque for £500 was presented to Mr Mulroe for the Dr. Jackson Cancer Fund he thanked the Council and said the shop was very busy but had suffered some damage from a break in.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum