Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:13:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is it really a council or a circus?

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it really a council or a circus?  (Read 1617 times)
Citizen Smith
« on: February 27, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

Forkhandles these answers sound like they are from Richard Taylor the Labour Candidate. Read them for what they are POLITICAL ANSWERS!

Here is my view.

1. Notice this was not answered, why?

Well it is because the Labour Councillors proved that they did not listen to the people about their concerns. The people of Featherstone wanted to save the Lister Baths.

Labour Councillors had to go with the Wakefield MDC Labour Party Whip, they dare not do any thing else. Had the Labour Councillors listened and had the b...ls to stand up for the people, then they would not have been voted out...

The party that Richard Taylor is standing for election for did not listen to the people, he will not be allowed to. The party looks after the party not the people, as they proved in the case of the Lister Baths.

2.What a good vote catching answer. Tell me Richard, how did Featherstone Labour Councillors make sure we had a swimming pool?

It was a planned replacement, by the council, of swimming pools. Other pools were also replaced over a period of time, Featherstones too would have been replaced, Labour Councillors or not.

The statement said "Being given a paddling pool instead of a swimming pool“, AND WE HAVE, a small pool with limited usage allowed for the public.

Yes I believe Brian Clayton and Councillor Guy do use the swimming pool. Yes they did object to the closing of Lister Baths. I believe they are still not happy that the town has a paddling pool not a swimming baths. What is the point of your comment about these people?

3. Interesting topic, have to look further into this.

4. The bypass has been discussed at meetings for more tha 30 years, thats all it ever is, discussed.

The original Wakefield MDC Unitarian Development Plan was adopted in December 1994 and it included the bypass, which had a reference of FTH13 I believe. The plan was upgraded in 2003 and is in the process of being upgraded again now.

In 2003 Wakefield MDC agreed to adopt the new plan, which is now called the Local Development Framework, it sets out the items for progress in the district. Cabinet voted through the plan from which FTH13, the Featherstone Bypass had been removed. I believe I am correct in saying that the three District Councillors at the time went along with this without any objections.

I also believe I am correct in saying that two of the Councillors were on the Cabinet, Graham Isherwood and David Bond. The third was Peter Roe who I recall was Chair of Planning, but I will have to check on that one.

So there we are three very powerful figures in the Council who were in no doubt that the people of Featherstone wanted, no desperately needed, a bypass and as usual they listened, and allowed it to be removed from the future plans.

The bypass meetings are useful Richard but have no real value these days as the Party you stand for removed the bypass and the fight has got harder not easier for the group.

Could you tell us how many people from Featherstone attend these meetings Richard, I do not recognise many names on the minutes I receive, as being from Featherstone. I am pleased you fully support a bypass Richard and Clive Tennant, is that as a Pontefract Councillor or town resident or both? It is a pity your Labour Party friends in the town did not support it in 2003, the fight would have been easier.

5. Jon Trickett has not met the Chamber of Trade since 2005, or worked with the Independent District Councillors in Featherstone ever, or the Town Council since 2007. FACT Richard. We will see if Margarets cleverly worded amendment at Council Meeting on Wednesday makes any difference in the future.

6. I am not yet aware of all the details about certain events but can say that Jon Trickett has propogated doubt in peoples minds, by electioneering material, that has no substance and shows up his knowledge of local democratic working. Unfortunately for you Richard you do the same on your leaflets, it must be a Labour Party thing. 

7. I can not comment as I am not sure what yetion1 means. I will ask

8. I can not comment as I am not sure what yetion1 means. I will ask

9. Unfortunately in front of witnesses Graham Isherwood made the remark “all the estate wants flattening”. He was I believe Wakefield MDC Cabinet Member for Housing at the time? I have asked the residents, they do not support your answer.

Do you remember the 2008 District Election Richard? A resident asked how you could help with the residents plight, it happened near the Onestop. You mentioned on your Election Leaflet you would try to end the situation the residents were in. You were a little lost to give the man an answer and Mr. Trickett appeared. Do you remember what the MP said to the man, I DO! That sums up for me the Labour sympathy towards anyone who lived on the estate.

As a matter of interest to people, I seem to remember the houses that were renovated, by being bricked, being given a guarantee of structural worthiness, or something like that, and it covered 60 years I believe. Tell me Richard how did your friends ar Wakefield MDC come to the conclusion they were no good?

10. Featherstone Charities is an interesting topic, the reason people are interested is nothing to do with the Betting Office Richard.

I will, if I Have the time, give the chap who has the shop with posters in, information about the charity. Not detrimental to them Richard, just explaining why there is so much interest in them from numerous people, If the charity was more open about what it does and how it operates then questions would not be posed.

The history of the charity is fascinating in all honesty.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum