Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:12:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 5

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 5  (Read 4319 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 08:06:45 pm »

Dear Grin

Apologies for not replying sooner; I have now received further information in respect of the points raised.

Thank you for the additional information received.  We already have information from other companies re securing products and methods, and initial feedback on the product appears to indicate that it should do the job, but this is always not borne out fully until we see how it stands up to the effects of attack and vandalism, which provide the true test.

Re the points made around securing, I have received the following reply from colleagues who manage this aspect of work.

"We visit daily and any opening that has been breached in any way is reported that day to Ian Hobson, who in turn deals with it within 24 hours. This isn’t to say that if we report it on Monday it may have been broken into on say Saturday or even the Friday before. So in theory during a normal working week it could be open for 48 hours depending on when we noticed it in relation to when it happened.

Of late we have been opening properties up to get the disconnections done and so the same door may be opened over a period of a couple of days which of course is resecured each afternoon."

The last information I have is that 2 properties were identified as open on Thursday afternoon, and these had been reported to the contractor who was attending that afternoon.  I believe that the team are going to commission this shuttering for one property as a final test of its robustness.

Re any CPO action, as previously stated, CPO will be pursued only as a last resort, and paperwork is being prepared for submission in August, subject to sign off through Cabinet.

I trust this clarifies.

Regards

Janet Howley
Regeneration Manager
Development and Strategic Housing
Room D34
Newton Bar
Leeds Road
Wakefield  WF1 2TX
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print