Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:25:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 5  (Read 4359 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: April 21, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »

I note the points made in respect of the securing methods and will be discussing your suggestions with the securing contractor.  If adjustments can be made to improve the level of security on properties, then I see no reason to not implement them.  I will come back to you for a further discussion on this.

With reference to your report on events after our last telephone conversation yesterday, I would report that I have already e-mailed the PC involved in the arrest yesterday and have confirmed that the Council is the complainant and wishes to press charges.  The Officer is not on duty until late Thursday so I will advise you of the progress on this matter once I have more information.

I am also aware of the arrest following the fire but have not formally received any further information on this matter.  Again, I shall respond in more detail once I have further information.  I have again had a lengthy discussion with the building security and neighbourhood patrol teams, who are to have a further detailed briefing today.  In addition, I have had a further conversation with the Arson Task Force and we are in close dialogue to co-ordinate action on the Estate.

I would confirm that all agencies are committed to tackling the issues that are causing Girnhill residents such anxiety and that measures discussed yesterday will remain in force.

Regards

Janet Howley
Regeneration Manager
Development and Strategic Housing
Room D34
Newton Bar
Leeds Road
Wakefield  WF1 2TX
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: