Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:01:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Verner Street

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verner Street  (Read 4566 times)
Forkhandles

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »

Simon,i'll let you know when the next WDH forum is,you'll be able to ask all the questions you like,i'll go with you if you like Grin
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Kim685

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 10:57:45 pm »

Please don't tar all the tenants on Verner with the same brush, there are some good tenants up there.

Whistleblower

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:39 am »

Please don't tar all the tenants on Verner with the same brush, there are some good tenants up there.
Please see my first post, I said ‘SOME’

Waste of time asking Labour Binnersley or Taylor as it was Labour that caused the demise of Girnhill lane. The shuttered houses on Verner are getting Re-let but require work doing in them first,If WDH were more selective with some of the tenants they put in it could be a good estate, after all the houses are not that old its just some residents wreck them but they’d also wreck the new houses

Kim685

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 07:06:07 pm »

Wasn't aimed at you in particular Whistleblower, it's just that people are quick to presume that all Verner residents are bad, (I know from experience of people talking) just wanted to point out that there are some good people there  Grin

Little Miss Sunshine

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:55 am »

Have had a visit from an Estate Officer this morn, Got it straight from the horses mouth!
Verner is NOT being pulled down! Its getting its re-fit next year! With gas going in first!

Just thought I'd let u all know!  Smiley
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:34 pm »

Please could you ask one further but very inportant question. Doesnt the home grants funding end this year and not next? Smiley
Kim685

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 11:46:52 pm »

Have had a visit from an Estate Officer this morn, Got it straight from the horses mouth!
Verner is NOT being pulled down! Its getting its re-fit next year! With gas going in first!

Just thought I'd let u all know!  Smiley
I'll believe it when I see it....sorry, but this has been said before about previous years.

Please could you ask one further but very inportant question. Doesnt the home grants funding end this year and not next? Smiley

Thought it was 2012 G?

Victor

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 01:24:40 pm »

According to the WDH web site under the Improvements Scheme for 2012 the properties due for works are

Dale Walk          8 
Verner Street   55     
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »

"Thought it was 2012 G?"  To find the exact date would be very useful for the residents. Smiley

The 55 homes on the WDH website appear to be missing a detail. A handful of residents have been picked to have a survey carried out on their homes. The results will apparently determine if there are improvements or demolition.
Kim685

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 09:39:46 pm »

There are quite a few empty and some have been empty for weeks. Strange how WDH don't seem to be letting them when there's a severe housing shortage. I keep checking homesearch and they haven't shown on there

Doberman1979

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 06:51:13 pm »

Oddly enough there are still a lot of empty houses on Verner. Brentwood it now a memory, am left wondering what's next....Boarded up houses, no sign of the refit or gas main....a cynic could start drawing conclusions as to where the bull dozers will be hitting next?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 09:07:35 pm »

If anything was ever going to be dirty it will be now. It is definitely a time to get all the facts before believing the press.
There appears to a whole boat load of information suddenly appearing on the net as to what is going on around Verner and Girnhill. Why would be a good question? There are probably loads of theories.
What has cropped up of note to your point is Strata in 2011 offering to part develop Verner. The information behind this would be a good read if anyone has it.
The gas pipe is still is one of a few keys to the plot. Again public realm says April 2012 and then August 2012.
It doesn’t take a computer nerd to dig a little and find that the new shift in political power has opened up gaps. Sure you can work out why. Keep diging!
Kim685

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 05:29:07 pm »

My family call me the google queen but even I can't find any info  Huh

Doberman1979

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 07:39:17 pm »

I have to agree the "the google Queen" I have spent hours trawling and have only found old snippets of data. Am wondering if doing things the old fashioned way and writting a letter may be the way to proceed.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/governmentcitizensandrights/yourrightsandresponsibilities/dg_4003239

Has anyone ever done a Freedom of Info request to WDH? Am not too sure how it would stand as if I understand it right they are a charity rather than local auth body?

Out of interest has anyone heard whats happening with the last 3 houses on Girnhill? Has the CPO decision been made?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 09:56:21 pm »

It’s so refreshing to see honest investigation and time spent searching for the truth. You are correct with your lines of thought.
The pen is very often mightier than the sword and again is a good way to find the facts.
I am sure you will find what your looking for very quickly. Grin
Forkhandles

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33:21 pm »

WDH are working with northern gas networks to employ a contractor to install a gas supply to verner st,the tender went out last week with a 4 week deadline for return,it is hoped that when the contract is signed the work will start mid july and will take 6-7 weeks to complete,information is being put together to keep the residents updated.
 It is then proposed that the property improvements will begin towards the end of this year,the empty houses are to remain empty until improvement work is completed  Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 08:54:12 pm »

Are there 7 houses on the cul-de-sac at the side of Brentwood?
Little Miss Sunshine

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 08:57:57 pm »

Yep, I had a letter yesterday, they're coming round in the next few weeks to do a survey! Smiley
Kim685

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 10:12:16 am »

Are there 7 houses on the cul-de-sac at the side of Brentwood?

yes

Forkhandles

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 10:47:41 am »

No conspiracy,nothing underhand,the houses are going to be modernised and they are staying,sorry to burst your bubbles  Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum