Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:28:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Great Featherstone High School “Closure; Rip Off”.

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Featherstone High School “Closure; Rip Off”.  (Read 1138 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: October 15, 2009, 07:30:53 pm »

You had better get Fridays Evening Post or tune in to the local radios. Featherstone Technology collage is to shut and be moved to St. Wilfrids. Please digest its content and give your first view.

I believe it is one of the final large pieces explaining how Featherstone has been treated especially in revenge for the Independents. The facts to come will be pause for thought.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:26:09 pm »

I've just had to check the date, and its not april 1st, surely this can't be true, its verging on the ridiculous, whats the thinking behind it, the mind boggles Shocked
Forkhandles

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 07:19:31 pm »

Been nowt on wireless, or telly, or in papers.
Mr T

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:34:31 pm »

Been nowt on wireless, or telly, or in papers.

I heard it on Ridings FM today! They mentioned something about doing it slowly over 7 years or something like that!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
saneasaduck

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:47:15 pm »

FOUND THIS STATEMENT  ON THE OTHER FORUM maybe of intrest to those who dont/cant have access

As a Current and active School Governor at FTC (Yes I became a governor after BOTH our District Council representatives lost interest  one moving to St Wilfreds isnt that strange?) anyway  I have read last weeks report in the Pont n Cas Rag and the comments from kay "I will do anything to get in the papers" Binnersley.  Today I have just listened to the rubbish spouted by yet another Independent Party member "Womersley" on a similar note on the radio and telling us what is happening at FTC.
Why they should interview him and not a School Governor about  Featherstone T C is beyond me, however I can tell anyone who wants the truth that FTC is NOT closing. Anything else that you might hear is pure speculation and the people who spread it should hang their heads in shame as it could do nothing but harm to all connected with the school.
This Diatribe below has just been sent to me from another web site.
The GLOATING attitude of the illiterate writer I find particularly obnoxious.
I have always been told not to believe what I read in the papers but this has plumbed the depths.
You had better get Fridays Evening Post or tune in to the local radios. Featherstone Technology collage is to shut and be moved to St. Wilfrids. Please digest its content and give your first view.

I believe it is one of the final large pieces explaining how Featherstone has been treated especially in revenge for the Independents. The facts to come will be pause for thought.

Featherstone Has been treated no different to anywhere else. The difference is that our REPRESENTATIVES are USELESS and have failed totally to speak up for the TOWN. Except of course in the papers, they should try doing it a Wakefield  ask Bickerton and Guy how many times they have  spoken in the council chamber since they became  councillors. The answer by the way is NEVER. Featherstone is only ever mentioned by other councillors.

Citizen Smith
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 09:05:49 pm »

Please give the reasons for the local the Councillors leaving the governing body, I know them, perhaps I should tell every one, but it would be better if you could give credibility to you statement   "Yes I became a governor after BOTH our District Council representatives lost interest"   then I and others would be more believing of your comment.

What is the hidden meaning behind the comment  "one moving to St Wilfreds isn’t that strange?".  Why do you feel it is strange?

Could I just mention at this point your comment  "The GLOATING attitude of the illiterate writer I find particularly obnoxious". The writer may convey a gloating attitude and this is worthy of comment, and you may find them obnoxious, but as seems usual with Labour Party members/supporters the personal derision of people is important so as to belittle them in the eyes of the public, as in "illiterate writer". The person’s literary skills may be lacking in polish but they seem to get the message across to others. Your own contribution on the other hand to "literary gaffs" is far more interesting to me. A man who wishes to represent the interests of the people, finger on the pulse of the town etc., well Richard the spelling of the school name is "Wilfrids" not Wilfreds, should I brand you as illiterate Richard?. The gloating, obnoxious, illiterate writer you refer to got the spelling right by the way.

Well Richard you, along with other Governors, are obviously not aware of the long term proposals under the BSF, Building Schools for the Future, proposals. that were changed at the last moment, without consultation with our local Councillors in Ward 6 and, from your comments, it seems without consultation with the governing body.
Notice I say with conviction "Richard" that the decision was taken --without consultation with our local Councillors in Ward 6--. do not do your very, very slim chances of election success any more harm by pursuing the distortion of facts that you and your colleagues seem to thrive on. It is a documented fact that they were not consulted. Councillor Leader Peter Box has confirmed, as has Chief Executive Joanne Roney that Ward 6 Councillors were not told or consulted.

On the other hand I KNOW that the Headmaster and certain members of the predominately Labour group Governing body were aware of the proposals some time ago. In fact weeks ago. Certain W.M.D.C Cabinet members from Featherstone, who are also on the Governing body, were aware of it months ago. Ed Balls would like to close F. T. C. as a school and change its status to an Academy. These Richard are facts.

The final part of your comment about the District Councillors I shall treat with the contempt it deserves. The Councillors are far too busy putting right the wrongs of 30+ years of Labour control in the town. 30+ years of running this town into the ground, bleeding it dry of assets, pride and identity.

Perhaps Bickerton and Guy, as you so disrespectfully refer to them, have not spoken in chamber as often as you would like them to. Perhaps because they are busy in their wards going about Ward business with the people who elected them.

There again speaking in chamber is a party thing, impressing your fellow party members, with the nonsensical, to use your word, diatribe which flows from the mouths of elected Labour party members doing the work of their masters in Government, afraid to go against national policy, and represent the views and wishes of the people because of the "shame" it would bring on them.
You Richard, nor any member of your party, really care for me, my town or any of my fellow townsfolk. Your loyalty lies with your masters in Parliament, not with the wishes of the people of this town.

The Independent people have no masters to bow down to, other than the people of the town and they listen to the people, trying to bring about change for the better in the town. Remember they have 30+ years of putting right the wrongs you and the party you belong to, caused. When these wrongs have been righted then, and only then, will this town move forward,

Stop talking until you know what you are talking about Richard, stop nodding each time one of your masters speaks, start listening to what I and others in the town want, but above all Richard, you and the Labour party stop treating me and others in the town with an "holier than thou" attitude and spouting nonsense to us. I and others like me have seen the light at the end of the tunnel and for the first time in many, many years it is not on the Labour party gravy train coming the other way.

san!

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 05:19:31 pm »

mmmm this is getting very intersting?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 06:28:49 pm »

The CRACKING reply from Citizen covers most aspects and San your spot on with an HMMMMMM Grin

Richards reply will be broken down ending in embarrassment without saying anymore…..
But I will anyway. Wink
Answering a few points;

“anything to get in the paper Binnersley”. Didn’t see Kay this week, Could see Clive twice and as usual Mrs Cooper. Funny thing about Clives story was that it was about an issue that the locals had given up with asking Clive and who had then asked Roy. Roy delt with the issue and emailed Clive. Best responce from Clive appears to have been going to press with the glory. Not to mention the Labour rag called Pont and Cas who will not print replies to Tricket or Box.

"Womersley: Why they should interview him and not a School Governor about  Featherstone T C is beyond me". As the facts all ready show YOU, minor and senior labour party members knew months ago. You all chose to say nothing. That is more than cause to “HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME”.

“diatribe, gloating, illiterate, obnoxious”. Sounds like someones sweating around the collar and all ready panicking. The election has not started yet Richard. Didn’t you forget the other 2 derogatory comments you normally use, “hutch” and “it was Roy”.

“Featherstone Has been treated no different to anywhere else”. BULL. Loads of examples to follow as start your election campaign.

“useless”. Now that’s a cracking description of a Featherstone labour party member of Featherstone Technology Collage board of governors as the facts all ready state.

“have failed totally to speak up for the TOWN”. You didn’t ask again before you commented did you? Passed, for the number of phone calls and site visits actually getting things done instead of wasting time at particular meetings.

The rest that follows I am sure will prove what has exactly been going on behind closed doors. For now just remember Carlton High School Wink.
 Why did Richard forget to mention its inclusion to this story? Shocked
Kim685

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 07:57:51 am »

Just read that letters have been sent home with the students of FTC to say the school is not closing.  Huh

Forkhandles

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 07:21:43 pm »

Just asked my grandson, and he hasn't had one kim, but having said that, i've spoken to people who's kids have had them Grin
Kim685

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34:46 pm »

It's now been stated that the school is NOT closing (from several sources) Where did the original info come from that it was closing?

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 08:21:53 pm »

The school letter,
can you spot the incorrectness of the first statement compared to what is actually stated?

http://www.featherstone.wakefield.sch.uk/pdfs/Letter%20to%20Parents%20%2020%20October,%202009.pdf
Forkhandles

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 07:37:19 pm »

The letter doesn't tell us anything realy, at least it could say how the rumour came about Huh
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 08:47:45 pm »

If you are a Girnhell resident you will probably understand more than some as words often have a different desired meaning.
As I read it;

“RUMOURS OF OUR CLOSURE ARE UNTRUE”, a fair and straight forward statement, followed by ……………………………… 12 paragraphs of dribble that sound more like an explanation of why things are turning out as they are “rumored”.

Correct me if I am wrong but does the last paragraph state that “never the less we are keen to become part of a larger organization. With only 91 students we hope St Wilfrids will help”.
Sounds like a bail out and done deal.
This letter has been very cleverly written. It denies the “rumors” yet agrees the school is moving/ merging/ working together. Wonder what word will be eventually proved as the miss-leading one that has already been agreed by Tricket , Balls, Cooper, Box, Rowley in a labour only meeting this June.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 07:17:02 pm »

Not quite high schools yet but this link paints a bleak picture for other schools in the WMDC area.

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/FF3A0FE2-824E-41B4-A15E-4143D7305921/0/FeatherstoneDiscussionmeetingwithSchools8208.pdf
rapper67

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 10:46:27 pm »

DONT FORGET GIRNHILL PHASE 2 AS ALREADY BEGUN
THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED BOARDING UP HOUSES ON VERNER (THE ARSONIST AS ALREADY STARTED)
 NOT BAD WHEN THERES THOUSANDS OF FAMALIES WAITING FOR A HOME.
 WHO WILL THEY HAVE TO FIGHT FOR THEM
NOT DICK TAYLOR THATS FOR SURE !!!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum