Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:47:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Great Featherstone High School “Closure; Rip Off”.

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Featherstone High School “Closure; Rip Off”.  (Read 1145 times)
Citizen Smith
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:05:49 pm »

Please give the reasons for the local the Councillors leaving the governing body, I know them, perhaps I should tell every one, but it would be better if you could give credibility to you statement   "Yes I became a governor after BOTH our District Council representatives lost interest"   then I and others would be more believing of your comment.

What is the hidden meaning behind the comment  "one moving to St Wilfreds isn’t that strange?".  Why do you feel it is strange?

Could I just mention at this point your comment  "The GLOATING attitude of the illiterate writer I find particularly obnoxious". The writer may convey a gloating attitude and this is worthy of comment, and you may find them obnoxious, but as seems usual with Labour Party members/supporters the personal derision of people is important so as to belittle them in the eyes of the public, as in "illiterate writer". The person’s literary skills may be lacking in polish but they seem to get the message across to others. Your own contribution on the other hand to "literary gaffs" is far more interesting to me. A man who wishes to represent the interests of the people, finger on the pulse of the town etc., well Richard the spelling of the school name is "Wilfrids" not Wilfreds, should I brand you as illiterate Richard?. The gloating, obnoxious, illiterate writer you refer to got the spelling right by the way.

Well Richard you, along with other Governors, are obviously not aware of the long term proposals under the BSF, Building Schools for the Future, proposals. that were changed at the last moment, without consultation with our local Councillors in Ward 6 and, from your comments, it seems without consultation with the governing body.
Notice I say with conviction "Richard" that the decision was taken --without consultation with our local Councillors in Ward 6--. do not do your very, very slim chances of election success any more harm by pursuing the distortion of facts that you and your colleagues seem to thrive on. It is a documented fact that they were not consulted. Councillor Leader Peter Box has confirmed, as has Chief Executive Joanne Roney that Ward 6 Councillors were not told or consulted.

On the other hand I KNOW that the Headmaster and certain members of the predominately Labour group Governing body were aware of the proposals some time ago. In fact weeks ago. Certain W.M.D.C Cabinet members from Featherstone, who are also on the Governing body, were aware of it months ago. Ed Balls would like to close F. T. C. as a school and change its status to an Academy. These Richard are facts.

The final part of your comment about the District Councillors I shall treat with the contempt it deserves. The Councillors are far too busy putting right the wrongs of 30+ years of Labour control in the town. 30+ years of running this town into the ground, bleeding it dry of assets, pride and identity.

Perhaps Bickerton and Guy, as you so disrespectfully refer to them, have not spoken in chamber as often as you would like them to. Perhaps because they are busy in their wards going about Ward business with the people who elected them.

There again speaking in chamber is a party thing, impressing your fellow party members, with the nonsensical, to use your word, diatribe which flows from the mouths of elected Labour party members doing the work of their masters in Government, afraid to go against national policy, and represent the views and wishes of the people because of the "shame" it would bring on them.
You Richard, nor any member of your party, really care for me, my town or any of my fellow townsfolk. Your loyalty lies with your masters in Parliament, not with the wishes of the people of this town.

The Independent people have no masters to bow down to, other than the people of the town and they listen to the people, trying to bring about change for the better in the town. Remember they have 30+ years of putting right the wrongs you and the party you belong to, caused. When these wrongs have been righted then, and only then, will this town move forward,

Stop talking until you know what you are talking about Richard, stop nodding each time one of your masters speaks, start listening to what I and others in the town want, but above all Richard, you and the Labour party stop treating me and others in the town with an "holier than thou" attitude and spouting nonsense to us. I and others like me have seen the light at the end of the tunnel and for the first time in many, many years it is not on the Labour party gravy train coming the other way.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum