Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:25:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

MP's expenses

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MP's expenses  (Read 265 times)
Forkhandles

« on: May 24, 2008, 11:23:17 am »

Heard on the news this morning, an MP claims £94 every time her windows are cleaned Shocked i did'nt catch the name though, did anyone else hear it Huh
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:57:18 pm »

That lady in question is Barbara Follett who happens to be the wife of millionaire author Ken Follett. During the years 2003/2004 she claimed for 18 visits  at £ 94 per time.

Tony Blair claimed £ 10,600 for a new kitchen and £ 112.00 to pay a Council bill for removing rubbish.

Gordon Brown claimed for Sky tv television licence, utility and Council tax, and in 2005/2006 claimed £ 2,900 for cleaning services and £ 2,600 for food

John Prescott claimed £ 6,707 for repairs to his Hull house including new windows sills and mock tudor boards to the front gable.

The expression gravy train comes to mind.

Mr T

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 02:58:38 pm »

I was watching the news last night, and they were showing you the expenses MP's get as they can't keep it a secret anymore, and I thought it was disgusting! I was, however, distraught when it showed you that Margaret Beckett was turned down £600 for her garden! The poor thing! Perhaps we could set up a fund for the poor love...."THE MARGARET BECKETT GARDEN FUND" Oh, sorry, I forgot, no one can afford to donate anything as the cost of living is so high these days!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Forkhandles

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 05:38:15 pm »

That lady in question is Barbara Follett who happens to be the wife of millionaire author Ken Follett. During the years 2003/2004 she claimed for 18 visits  at £ 94 per time.

Tony Blair claimed £ 10,600 for a new kitchen and £ 112.00 to pay a Council bill for removing rubbish.

Gordon Brown claimed for Sky tv television licence, utility and Council tax, and in 2005/2006 claimed £ 2,900 for cleaning services and £ 2,600 for food

John Prescott claimed £ 6,707 for repairs to his Hull house including new windows sills and mock tudor boards to the front gable.

That is bloody obscene Shocked Angry

The expression gravy train comes to mind.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum