Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:36:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Standards Board

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standards Board  (Read 415 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: April 07, 2009, 10:29:28 pm »

Roy stands accused yet there were others that could be guilty and more so
The P+C were told before print but chose to say nothing and just pick on Roy. The P+C have been informed that there have been at least 24 people reported in the last week to the standards board. The P+C was asked if this weeks front page would have 24 mug shots and a write up? if there is not nor a front page then obviously the P+C are full blown labour. Looks like its time for a new paper.... perhaps not as this forums interest has now soared.

Mr John Pitt

Monitoring Officer

Legal and Democratic Services

Town Hall

Wood Street

Wakefield

WF1 2HQ

4th April 2009

Dear Mr Pitt

COMPLAINT OF MEMBERS STANDARDS

It has been brought to my attention from the recorded minutes of the board of governors of Featherstone Technology collage held 4th March 2008 and 20th May 2008 that a declaration of interest was not made by the Deputy Chairman Peter Wroe as a member of the war memorial committee.

Therefore, I should like to report Peter Wroe deputy chair of the board of governors at Featherstone technical collage to the standards board based on the following:-

As an elected member and agent for the M.P. John Tricket they failed to correctly work with in and implement the rules and guidelines under section 14 of the governing bodies act that they were fully aware of as an ex-district councilor.
As a member of the board of governors, the M.P.s agent, a member of the Royal British Legion and a member of the Featherstone war memorial committee no declaration of interest was declared or recorded at any point during the meeting. This includes whilst the matter of a donation to the Featherstone war memorial committee was discussed.
 Peter Wroe agrees with sending a letter to the British legion. Could this construed as misleading as the correct destination should have been the Featherstone war memorial committee. This could have been verified by simply asking the chairman Lez Clewarth who was present and was also a member of the Featherstone war memorial committee.
Yours sincerely

Mr John Pitt

Monitoring Officer

Town Hall

Wood Street

Wakefield

WF1 2HQ

4th April 2009

Dear Mr Pitt

It has been brought to my attention from the recorded minutes of the board of governors of Featherstone Technology collage held 4th March 2008 and 20th May 2008 that a declaration of interest was not made by the Chairman Lez Clewarth as a member of the war memorial committee.

Therefore, I should like to report the chairman Lez Clewarth of the committee to the standards board based on the following:-

As an elected member they failed to correctly work and implement the rules and guidelines under section 14 of the governing bodies act.
As a member of the Featherstone war memorial committee no declaration of interest was declared or recorded at any point during the meeting. This includes whilst the matter of a donation to the Featherstone war memorial committee was discussed.
Could this construed as misleading as the correct destination should have been the Featherstone war memorial committee. This could have been verified by simply asking Peter Wroe who was present and a member of the British Legion and Featherstone war memorial committee.
Yours sincerely

Mr John Pitt

Monitoring Officer

Town Hall

Wood Street

Wakefield

WF1 2HQ

4th April 2009

Dear Mr Pitt

I contacted John Pitt of the WMDC monitoring office regards the following

Ref: none declaration of interest

Dear Mr Pitt

After being contacted by the press today I have been compelled to write to you as a situation has been brought to my attention that a Cllr has been reported to the standards board. There crime appears to be talking to 2 different supermarkets to offer as much help as is allowed to be offered for the sake of the town as an elected member.

I am sure I do not need to remind you of the volatile politics in Featherstone nor the often one sided complaints given. I believe it is time for this to be ended.

I would therefore ask that you consider concerns that appear to be missing. Cllr Margaret Isherwood is a town council member and a WMDC planning committee member. According to a Labour party run web site Cllr Isherwood and proposed labour candidate Richard Taylor have both talked with the owners of the property known as Modetex where the super market is planned. A result of this appears to have manifested in the form of a slanderous letter that has now been acted on by a solicitor who is now perusing the case. Should Cllr Isherwood not declare an interest in this Thursday planning meeting or be excluded pending investigation?

Yet again it would appear that only Independent Cllrs are regularly accused by the Featherstone labour party.

Therefore I wish to report John Pitt to the standards board due to the fact that they neglected to act upon written notification that Cllr Margaret Isserwood should declare a declaration of interest. The results of the neglect of duty resulted in a Cllr illegally being allowed to pass comment and vote on a planning decision without any declarations.

Yours sincerely

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

John

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:18:09 pm »

looks like pont and cas have put the blinkers on again.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 06:35:04 pm »

The latest labour party express story from its politically motivated reporter Helen Beardsmore whos storys are getting better. Wink

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/Public-tribunal-for-Featherstone-councillor39s.5652448.jp

Interestingly Clive Tennants reply;

"I heard about the complaints made against our current Mayor way back before he was even made Mayor and thought that there was no substance to it and it was all over with. I however am appalled to discover that far from over it has now been sent to a higher authority, obviously this is far more serious than we HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE. Surely there must be some substance to the allegations for it to have got this far. I would now like to think that until he has been proven innocent or otherwise that the decent thing to do would be to stand down to save any possible further disgrace to the position of Mayor of our town. If the man has any decency at all he would stand down immediately there again he is from Ponte why should he be worried about Fev being made into a laughing stock.  The disgrace "if found guilty" would  bring shame on the town and even more to the people that elected him to the post, knowing that these allegations were hanging over him and if they didn,t then he must have been economical with the truth. "

Is it not also possible that WMDC could be wrong and also guilty of with holding evidence, witnesss and ignoring the same alligations against labour cllrs? Roll Eyes

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum