Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:54:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Gala 2009

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gala 2009  (Read 588 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: June 09, 2009, 09:18:04 pm »

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

san!

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:24:20 am »

well done to all involved, it was a lovely day for it...sometimes too hot!
Forkhandles

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:21:54 pm »

Can't comment on the gala itself, i did'nt go, but the parade left a lot to be desired.
Ruthie

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:39:33 am »

A big well done should be given out to all those who helped to plan the gala, set up stalls, help with the early morning starts, the directing of traffic and all the other jobs that take hours of preparation and all the support on the day!

There are a few people in this town that put a lot of hard work into making days like the Gala Day successful, so instead of making criticisms, lets all start showing some solidarity and make next years Gala bigger and better!

Again, well done to everyone involved! I hope all the people who had stalls and activities had a good day and made a fair amount of money for their needy causes! – It was nice the rain held off for a change too! ... unlike last year  Grin Grin  Grin

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
san!

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:26:55 am »

yeah ...good one ruthie and all other folks ...well done!
its easy to sit on our arse's and criticise ....hats off to you guys especially you ruthie after your prom! did you have a good 1.
Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:38:36 pm »

A big well done should be given out to all those who helped to plan the gala, set up stalls, help with the early morning starts, the directing of traffic and all the other jobs that take hours of preparation and all the support on the day!

There are a few people in this town that put a lot of hard work into making days like the Gala Day successful, so instead of making criticisms, lets all start showing some solidarity and make next years Gala bigger and better!

Again, well done to everyone involved! I hope all the people who had stalls and activities had a good day and made a fair amount of money for their needy causes! – It was nice the rain held off for a change too! ... unlike last year  Grin Grin  Grin

couldn't agree more Ruthie
Forkhandles

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 07:46:02 pm »

I didn't criticise the gala, i couldn't, i didn't go, i just criticized the parade, lots of people did, and its true, it was the worst i've ever seen Grin
fev angel

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 12:24:50 pm »

I didn't criticise the gala, i couldn't, i didn't go, i just criticized the parade, lots of people did, and its true, it was the worst i've ever seen Grin
same here i dident go but did see the parade and could someone tell me where all the floats were
rapper67

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 02:59:23 pm »

Well if you were not happy with the parade why dont you volunteer for next years gala commitee and try and make a diffrence ??
its the only way to make things better
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 10:02:42 pm »

Now floats is a good one. They have been almost banned. Ken still has spent 4 years researching the problem and last year came up with the answers and a revived trailer float. Its difficult but it can be done.
The world has gone mad with health and safety. Perhaps a reverse could be for people to sign disclaimers?
Forkhandles

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 07:42:13 pm »

Knottla had floats in their gala parade, how come?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 07:47:10 pm »

Funny you should mention that.
As you know Ken Still is a man of few complaint words. He has been compeld to write the following;

Dear Sir

Featherstone Gala Demolition

I would like to thank the Labour Councillors over the past five years, for telling me barefaced lies over the gala.  Over the past five years, I have been asking why Featherstone could not have floats at its gala, I was told on numerous occasions, that it was insurance (they could not get it or they did not want to get it).  I asked why the surrounding districts of Knottingley, Sherburn, Normanton, Rothwell and others in Leeds did have floats. Over the years our gala has got worse and worse.

This week we made one phone call, and go the insurance for approximately £350 for up to eight or ten floats, (it took about thirty minutes to do this), you might feel it is early for our 2010 gala, but if you want the best you have work at it.

So may I take this opportunity to ask, if you can decorate or get us the transport, get in touch with me. 

Come on Featherstone let us have the best and biggest gala the same as we used to have.

Ken Still

Ken Still and Featherstone Mayor Roy Bickerton have spent time this week asking companies to provide trailers for the 2010 Gala. So far 6 full size trailers have been sourced and more are possible.

Any community group, street residents group, any organisation can ask to have a trailer for next years Gala.

I am sure the full story will also reveal its self.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum