Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:17:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

PlayDay 2009

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PlayDay 2009  (Read 883 times)
Ruthie

« on: April 21, 2009, 10:05:51 pm »

Playday 2009 will be on Wednesday 5 August. This year's campaign theme is Make time!!

Following the success of last year's playday 'Give Us A Go' it has been suggested that we look into holding 'Playday 2009.'

A meeting to discuss ideas and put forward suggestions will be held at the B&S, 7.15pm, Tuesday 28th April. Please feel free to come along; all welcome.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tigger

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:55:38 am »

will there be flyers or posters advertising this and the events that will be held, I missed the last one as I didn't even know it was happening until the day after so not sure what to expect
Ruthie

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 04:06:23 pm »

will there be flyers or posters advertising this and the events that will be held, I missed the last one as I didn't even know it was happening until the day after so not sure what to expect

Last years event was advertised well in advance. All the shops Purston end had posters in as i handed them out there. Many shops in the lane had posters in, and the news was spread over the Featherstone district as people got on the free bus that was provided from Ackton and Streethouse. The people who helped organise the event also had flyers in their cars advertiseing the event.

As last year was the first time such an event was held it was a case of trail and error. If you have any suggestions about publicity please feel free to come along and give your view, or let me know and i will forward it and let you know the reply.

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
Tigger

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:59:39 pm »

i wasn't saying that it was not well advertised, i'm sure it was, i just missed it thats all and would like to bring my little girl to this one   Grin
Victor

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:58:46 am »

Dont forget the Playday meeting this evening at 7.15 pm at the B&S, everyone welcome, come along and offer your ideas, support, distributing leaflets, posters, help on the day.
Ruthie

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:48:24 pm »

Tonight’s meeting was a great success. Lots of ideas were batted around the room, including things from last year that were a hit with the kids, as well as new ideas to be incorporated this year.

Just to let you all know the next meeting will take place in 2 weeks time: B&S, 7:15, Tuesday 12th May. Everyone’s welcome to come along and share ideas and thoughts.

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
Victor

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:54:24 am »

The next meeting for the Playday Event is this evening at the B & S at 7.15 pm.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 08:19:52 pm »

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 12:42:08 pm »

Featherstone
 “Play Day”

Invite

On Wednesday 5th August 2009, 10AM to 3PM it will be the 2nd annual “Featherstone Play Day”. The event is provided as a “FREE” community day out.
Play day is a national annual event that provides free entertainment for all ages just for a day.
This Playday we're asking everyone to make time for play. From parents, carers and teachers, to policy makers and planners - everyone should make time to support children’s right to play in whatever way they can.
In our busy and overscheduled lives it’s easy to prioritise other things over play, and to think, play is something children just do. As adults, we all need to make time and space to enable children to play freely, and this is what we aim to highlight with the Playday 2009: Make time! campaign.     
The event again is being held in Purston Park. There will be all sorts of activates, games and fun. This will be funded from grants applied for and money raised during the year.
The event is a multi-agency project that invites every local community group to participate anyway they can.

We would like to invite you to attend and take part. Participation can be in many forms. You can simply enjoy the free events provided with your group or create something/ actvity. The park is a huge area and there will be plenty of room for games and involvement.

We hope you can make it and would be grateful of confirmation if you wish to take part. The event is being organised via regular meetings. The next meeting is Tuesday 30th June, 7.15pm at the B+S Club, Wilson Street, Featherstone.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 03:25:16 pm »

Next meeting: June 30th, 7.15pm, at the B+S Club, Wilson Street, Featherstone.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 06:50:26 pm »

Do you know any owners of remote control boats?
If so please ask them to come along.
The model boat club is short of members on the day but are very willing to share what they know and use the many crafts they have.
Please ask about for craft or drivers. Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 02:16:06 pm »

Playday 2009 event layout

1.   Soccer squirts. Just ask to join in each session
2.   Leeds Model Engineers sit on and ride steam train + track
3.   Featherstone model boat club operating boats on the lake
4.   Ice-cream no1
5.   Toilet 1, toilet 2 disabled
6.   Coffee Cabin
7.   marquee admin point/ giant toys + games, reading
8.   Shindigz face painting
9.   YWDSS Trailer + activities
10.   WDH display, 1 x custom 2 ton vehicle
11.   Street football over 5s
12.   Street football under 5s
13.   Ice-cream no2
14.   First aid point St Johns / lost children point
15.   Tony Sykes P.A. /  D.J. Joe, Fresh dance display, YWDSS activities
16.   Badminton, occasional supervision. Please have a go and limit games to 15 minutes
17.   giant sandpit
18.   Nth Featherstone TARA Karen, fun activities, hula hoops, skipping ropes, other
19.   generator
20.   inflatable 1, under 6s
21.   inflatable 2, ball pool under 10s
22.   inflatable 3, slide
23.   Graffiti art area
24.   police car
25.   No smoking bus
26.   straw bails
27.   Study Rovers circus skills
28.   climbing wall
29.   donkey rides
30.   library service
31.   NHS display and activities.
32.   Featherstone Fire engine + crew
33.   Road safety display + off road cycle challenge
34.   Oak hill children's centre
35.   Healthy food kebabs
36.   Turning point
37.   Life check
38.   Oral health
39.   war memorial
40.   Baseball challenge
41.   Hot food + drink trailer
42.   toilets no3
43.   Cricket run by Featherstone cricket club
44.   Non stop football area

Car parks labelled CP1, CP2, CP3, and CP4
Seamus

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 05:18:30 pm »

I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank and congratulate all who have been involved in today's Play Day. I've been there most of the day and the only negative comments were at the weather when there was a spot of rain, but even that didn't last long. It's been a huge success and you've done yourselves and Featherstone proud.

Here's to the next big event  Grin
Ruthie

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 08:12:03 pm »

A selection of snaps from yesterdays playday.

Enjoy.

Another great day, enjoyed by all!

Well done guys!!  Grin

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 09:43:58 pm »

WOW. What a day.
Just for once almost all of Featherstone worked together, bloody fantastic.
Personally I am chuffed with the huge efforts shown by many individuals groups and visitors who travelled from far and wide.

The early risers, who set up and had to go and return after the event to clear up,
The volunteers and parents who joined in all over the venue to indulge in just pure play,
Ross travel who kept the bus running extra due to the large numbers with the help of a volunteer who had delayed his new knee to help out,
The Cllrs who got of there ass showing the rest up, and made a huge physical contribution without question even with recently fitted joints,
The wealth of Featherstone performing talent led by a young DJ and a PA system from Tony Sykes that rocked, powered by a miniature substation donated from Yorkshire Diesels,
The volunteers young and senior from the Featherstone events association who are not seen but tirelessly organised the details and running about months before,
The face painters who stopped an hour after the event stopped,

There are so many people to thank a list would miss so many as I probably have. Thank you all especially my personal hero Ken Still with his 2 knackered knees who pushed himself again to provide. Grin

A note of un-thanks would be to the police. Cheers for nothing again. Sad

san!

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 09:10:57 am »

well done everybody, heard so many great stories of the day.
John

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 08:19:40 pm »

The sound sytem rocked. I heard Tony say about Fevs got talent. He aint wrong.
Great day. Enjoyed it.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum