Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:59:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 4  (Read 4449 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2009, 10:08:13 pm »

back to the estate harold old house was on fire tonight. puts water on my fire as i voted 2 days after. Sadly i think that answers the poll. Sad
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
fev angel

« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2009, 08:14:40 am »

that’s bad I didn’t know he had moved
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2009, 08:51:17 pm »

Is it nearly all over?
Bet you thought for the residents. No WMDC.
It sounds like WMDC are hanging by thread waiting for the new financial year as they cannot pay their debts. A Girnhill home owner has been forced to stay in their property until next month as WMDC do not have the money to pay them until then. As we are only talking about £100k+ or less this must be serious. Has a bank pulled a plug I wonder?
fev angel

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2009, 09:08:53 pm »

thats awfull not many left up there now
John

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2009, 07:33:48 pm »

was talking to wmdc council tax today. part of the system is down. talked later to a guy about it who recons wmdc have shut down allsorts to save money. sumert sounds wrong Sad
fev angel

« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2009, 07:48:26 pm »

yes it does realy wrong
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2009, 09:17:06 pm »

Harolds old house is burning tonight. The 2 semis are well away. Contractors must be due on site then. This bloody subject needs talking about, not so much here but every bloody whare.
Fly tipping looks like it has started. Ive heard that a man is offering to take rubbish. Could it be as easy as tagging his next load?
Victor

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2009, 08:37:37 am »

Demolition Notices have gone in for numbers 21 and 23 Went Grove on the WMDC planning web site, 09/00584/DEMNOT.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2009, 10:48:33 pm »

The story in daylight gets better.
As Harold’s house is burning and a tower hose arrives from Castleford the surrounding on looking youths aged 10 to 16 ish move away, and enter the corner property opposite the phone box blatantly in view of other residents and the fire service.
As the Castleford hose leaves 40 minutes later it has to stop to extinguish a fire started in the house entered by the youths.
The fire service finally gets a grasp, finish their job and leave. At about 11.40pm Harold’s house is on fire again. As this is was a second fire on 1 property within 24hours the fire servicee has to call an investigation. The local fire service then had to wait until a fire investigator arrived on scene and concluded his investigation.

Basically as I see it whilst the fires rage the arsonist looks on AGAIN and then strikes AGAIN and AGAIN with repeated ARSON attacks. Just how bloody much I wonder did last night cost and did anyone elsewhere suffer?
I think we all know what is coming next. What a bloody shame and a total blind eye to justice.
Whistleblower

« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2009, 07:00:54 pm »

Did Mr T video it ?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2009, 08:21:22 pm »

Dont think he did. I did my first ever film. Still trying to up load it. If anyone can film and is near by please get your batteries charged and ready. Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2009, 05:32:13 pm »

Apologises to the residents as the following has passed without report,

8th April 2 Fire engines attended (7:10) at the newly empty property at the end of Ashcroft Road (Before you turn right to Verner).whether it was in the shed or in the house downstairs I don't know!

11th April 2 fire engines have attended out buildings today for your reference, an out building which has an "asbestos" roof! Constant exposure to black toxic smoke, burning asbestos and other flammable materials, just WHEN will something be done about all this? The number of years this has been going on, the number of fires....!
Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2009, 07:06:03 pm »

just seen 2 fire engines on Ashcroft.
fev angel

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2009, 07:40:12 am »

i was told that there was another went up last night pure utter stupid Angry Angry
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2009, 03:33:13 pm »

Mrs J Howley
Housing and public protection
Newton bar
Wakefield
West York’s
Wf1 2tx

18/04/2009

Dear Janet

RE THE GIRNHILL ESTATE

Yet again I have been forced to write to inform you that WMDC is not providing a “duty of care” for the Girnhill estate/ surrounding residents and members of the public within the local fire service coverage area. It appears that WMDC has given up on the area as daily checks have now stopped and emergency repair requests are being ignored.
Over the last 12 days I have reported to the WMDC contact centre that buildings were insecure and would be set on fire. In that time no repairs appear to have been made resulting in another 4 houses being burnt. Since Wednesday I have reported twice daily that there are open buildings. As of today the buildings are still un-secure and in fact because no repairs have been made a total of 8 properties have now been opened. I am amazed that not one house was set on fire last night but am sure the situation is building up and that we will be seeing the biggest major fire of up to 16 houses at once very shortly, possibly today.
The recorded facts just for the last 2 years state what will happen each time demolition is announced. The situation requires addressing and the only way is

1.   secure the metal panels with more bolts and other simply placed metal supports
2.   secure all loft hatches as most fires appear to start in the loft as a way to quickly spread the fire
3.   at least security on site from 4pm to 7am should be immediately placed
4.   daily checks should involve not driving past but actually looking around each property
5.   Newly empty properties are most at risk within 24 hours. A recent example was 1 hour after an owner leaving the turf in the back garden was removed followed by the shed. New properties should be monitored heavily in the first week

I would also like to point out a concern with the WMDC contact centre. Many times when you call it is argued that WMDC do not own the property and that WDH do. This is incorrect and always takes time to resolve with proof. I am sure many people have been put off at this point. Also when a request is made to re-board a property the information is given that the buildings department is 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. This is misleading information as the contact centre is aware that a 24hour boarding service is available to be initiated in response. The WMDC contact centre needs to be informed of the situation.
I have provided you with pictures and address of this week’s damage to shutters. I have also provided this to the WMDC contact centre. Today reference was ID C61845.

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2009, 03:35:15 pm »

Thanks to MrTs original picture the score card can be now up-dated.

10 years of inflicted hell instead of “duty of care”.
 Laws regard arson leaving the way open to serial arsonist in Featherstone
With a world record of 82 plus homes in flames
This is “Girnhell”

The Girnhill estate in Featherstone is a Wakefield Metropolitan District Council inflicted hell that began 10 years ago. The estate has been run down by WMDC backed by legislation so that people leave and sell up for a fraction of their life long homes value for profiteers to then take over. Incidents of officials bullying home owners have been recorded and records kept of the many letters and calls made only to be ignored. In the last 2 years arson has become a daily way of life on the estate not to mention the burglary rate.  The remaining residents can claim the world record for the number of homes burnt by arson at just over 82 in 2 years, never mind earlier years. The total excludes repeat fires, out buildings and burning fly tipped rubbish. If these were included the total would be almost 200 incidents.
Recent changes to the law and how it describes arson state that an empty home is not arson enough to call for an investigation. My question has to be is there a reasonable number before arson is arson. For example In 6 days 7 homes and a skip went up and one night just as one house was put out another was ignited. As that was put out the first house was re-lit. The People living next door had to flee for their lives. And not once has there been a police investigation. This sucks. Surely now with a world record some ones head has to roll?
These English people in their English castles deserve our support.

THIS PICTURE IS TO SHOW YOU HOW MANY HOUSES HAVE NOW BEEN TARGETED BY ARSONISTS! I KNOW FOR A FACT THERE WAS MORE THAN WHAT IS SHOWN HERE BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM ALL, SO IMAGINE MORE DOTS ON THE PICTURE! RED SQUARES INDICATE BLOCKS OF 2 HOUSES AND YELLOW SQUARES INDICATE BLOCKS OF 4 HOUSES

If this was terrorists it would cause a big stink and receive action. The training ground here has produced an arsonist or perhaps 2 and possibly sown the seed to many more that are now burning other local areas as a now seen common act of vandalism.
An investigation MUST be called for. How strange the fires always start just before demolition? Does someone save costs? The council say no, the facts say yes! The time and money spent by the fire service is astronomical. The other lives put at risk by no fire service cover must be a cause for an investigation to be called?
Guardian
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »

End of Archive 4
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum