Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:30:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 4  (Read 4455 times)
John

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2009, 07:45:22 pm »

dont look like much happening at the moment apart from the fires have stopped. i spotted this the other week. Sad
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Residents-in-battle-of-the.4954357.jp
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
fev angel

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2009, 08:47:31 pm »

i lived there and its a shame to see it there are more people moveing out now
Whistleblower

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2009, 10:25:03 pm »

How many residents are left now ?
fev angel

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2009, 07:11:05 am »

i dont think there is many i was on ashcroft ave and i think there is about 5 or 6 mr t would know
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2009, 08:47:20 pm »

Thanks for that John. I had been looking and missed it. Grin
 Hutchinson Demolition may be getting the boot. This was brought on from there recent time on site and the damaged they caused to the manholes and drainage whilst demolishing. They have just not had a care in the world and smashed them all to bits causing the drain people to work on the site for about 2 days last week!
The remaining residents do have a duty of care to them. The remaining residents deserve new drains and electric supplies not to mention the stretched phone cables. All this could have bee avoided yet it was encouraged. What will the labour party leaflets through selected letter boxes say about this? Nothing, as there will be no letters, that’s why! in the mean time the "right folk" send letters in each time that create documented proof as always.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2009, 10:45:26 pm »

Get ready for the next fire probably tonight. The front door is ripped off a newly empty pair of homes and the looters have all ready been in today. The good point is that 1 looter got caught. The bad point is that now we rely on WMDC to board up the door, yep that means still open and probably on fire shortly. Sad
Madsy

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2009, 11:53:52 pm »

Get ready for the next fire probably tonight. The front door is ripped off a newly empty pair of homes and the looters have all ready been in today. The good point is that 1 looter got caught. The bad point is that now we rely on WMDC to board up the door, yep that means still open and probably on fire shortly. Sad

Have the police been informed of this? They should be aware! bet nobody has thought to inform them to try and prevent this!
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2009, 12:15:54 am »

Very negative vibes Madsy, Some people do actually care you know.  Shocked
Within 2 minutes of spotting the breaking the police were called who attended in less than 6 minutes. I did mention they made one arrest.
WMDC were contacted within 6 minutes but denied owning the property and insisted that it belonged to WDH. WDH were contacted to confirm the mistake. WMDC were then contacted again, who then agreed they were responsible. A joiner would be sent out when available. The reply was “don’t bother as it will be a shell by the time you put a wooden door on a burnt out shell.

Looks like you lost your bet! Wink
Madsy

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2009, 12:22:36 am »

Well ok then! My Mistake!
Whistleblower

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2009, 03:11:51 pm »

There’s 3 or possible 4 residents that’s moving out next week so the looters and arsonist will be busy  Angry
John

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2009, 03:26:59 pm »

bet the firebrigade are busy too. just read back it reads like the future. someone should inform the authorities.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2009, 08:41:31 pm »

The good news was that the door was boarded up within 1 hour thanks to WMDC (yes I did just say thanks).
The bad news is exactly that “boarded up”. Wood as we know is no bloody good it needs to be metal.
7.45am today a slim white male age 35/40, short brown hair on a push bike was trying to get in to the boards. The male spotted he was being watched and then pretended to look for something on the floor. Then it got funny as he kept pretending to look as he made his way down Girnhill and down the school guinel.
fev angel

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2009, 07:49:29 pm »

does anyone know if another house has gone up today about 4ish
Victor

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2009, 10:30:41 am »

Just seen on the WMDC Planning web site that there is a Demolition Notification for numbers 42 and 44 Ashcroft Road and numbers 8, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 18 Ashcroft Avenue.
09/00418/DEM
fev angel

« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2009, 01:59:37 pm »

there,s not many people left up there now just a hand full or so its such a shame
Greencatcher

« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2009, 06:33:51 pm »

It`s certainly very lonely.
fev angel

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2009, 07:49:08 pm »

i bet it is  Sad
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2009, 11:01:48 pm »

With respect to Mr T and residents and in interest of publicity for those left a poll has been created.
 So, how long before the next fires?
1.   Before contractors are on site?
2.   As the contractors arrive?

Or are we now good enough to predict the next fire after the contractor has arrived as they work their way around?
3.   1 day after starting work
4.   2 days after starting work
5.   3 days after starting work
6.   4 days after starting work
7.   5 days after starting work
fev angel

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:44 am »

Yet again this is not a personal grudge against you but I feel that this poll should not have been done if I would have still been up there I would have been out raged to hear there was a poll been done to when the next house fire will happen can I ask has the residents that’s left up there been consulted by this
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:39 pm »

No grudge taken, but why should people reply to your questions when you delete your posts when a reasonable question is asked of yourself? (open a topic if you need to argue again!!!)
With respect I will answer for the sake of others.
Because many people complained is why the present home owners have got a better deal than was first offered although not perfect. This involved the media. For the sake of the remaining home owners it will be interesting what the media make of the “sweep stake poll”. As many people as possible should be invited to vote and then as many people as possible should post the story to the press. You never know it might just stop 1 arson attack.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum