Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:34:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 4  (Read 4655 times)
John

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2009, 07:49:05 pm »

sorry had to post again. i posted because i think Mick is wrong and the way this is reading i had better get my words right. i said the labour party has done buggar all.
i ment to say the labour party has done buggar all to help anyone on the estate apart from cause grief. Sad
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Victor

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2009, 02:42:55 pm »

Did anyone get Fridays YEP. Slap bang on the front page, WE WONT BUDGE relates to story about an estate in South Elmsall, and its about Wakefield Council using TOUGH powers to help tear down houses on an estate.
The Councils Cabinet are meeting this week and look set to agree to a Compulsory Purchase Order for the remaining houses, but residents dont feel they have been offered a fair deal, Wake Council offered them £40,000 last year for well kept 3 bedroom homes.
Sounds very much like the Girnhell situation in Featherstone.
Mr T

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2009, 06:35:03 pm »

Thanks for that information Victor! That resembles Girnhill Lane to a tee! W.M.D.C. will bulldoze their way through anyone and anything! Here is the link to that article!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/39We-won39t-budge39-say-Wakefield.4860219.jp

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Forkhandles

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2009, 06:57:43 pm »

Why not join forces with south elmsall residents and make yourselves stronger, or is it a daft sugestion Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:25 pm »

I had a ride round the estate today, very sad to see it reduced to rubble, not many residents left and dwindling rapidly. I hope the labour wmdc are happy, maybe Janet Howley will get a bonus when the estates flattened and she and her team have finally wrecked the community  Sad
Mr T

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2009, 06:32:37 pm »

The demolition team have took their diggers away again today as there is nothing left for them to do, well apart from one burnt out shell which they have left for some strange reason! Why on earth didn't they do that before going? It's the last one (for now anyway). They have left a few of their skips again filled with all sorts of materials! I'm not quite sure what's in them but I bet there is something combustible in there! Oh, and they have left us a bit of muck in the middle of the road. As well as that, the mud that they have been churning up on one of the sites is slowly creeping towards the pavement again too making the place look unpleasant! I totally agree with you Whistleblower, but it doesn't matter what you say, they don't give a monkey's about anyone other than themselves! Look at how many other people have suffered or are suffering the same scenario as us! They make me sick!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 08:59:08 pm »

Diane and Richard Donaldson from South Elmsall need to be contacted. I have tried directory enquiries but there is only 2 Donaldson’s registered and neither was the person on the estate.
I could do with some help here, so if you can find them PM me. I have an idea to help both sides that you may read about shortly.   Grin Wink
Kim685

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2009, 09:44:12 am »

I found them on 192.com listed as both living at same address, but their details are hidden, it costs £9.95 to reveal them  Embarrassed I'll keep looking though.

fev angel

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:27 am »

you know where they are go down and do door to door and you will find them
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2009, 06:13:15 pm »

Thanks Grin. A joint effort got a result. I wish this could be put to use more.
I have quickly talked with Richard today and will be talking more in depth on Sunday.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2009, 07:14:10 pm »

I had the pleasure of talking to Richard yesterday. Sounds like a determined soul (sorry WMDC you cannot have him yet) who has seen pretty much what the Girnhill residents have.
It sounds like the complaints have increased the Girnhill prices as South Elmsall is being offered £40k for the house, £15k relocation money and a £35k loan.
Interestingly the contractors work the same way as ours with cables cut dirty roads and yes FIRES. Richard has also had the usual phone calls and offers to get him out. He is also in contact with another suffering estate group in Leeds. The back history alone on this forum should give some ideas to these 2 groups when they read them plus any help people here can pass on.
Some one at WMDC I am sure will be not so happy new friends have been made.
Whistleblower

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2009, 07:58:33 pm »

Does Richard have access to the internet to view this forum  Huh
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2009, 08:30:46 pm »

Yep he is on. I do believe Richard has arrived as a new member Grin
Forkhandles

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2009, 08:53:50 pm »

Welcome to the forums richard, your among friends Grin Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2009, 08:28:39 pm »

Mrs J Howley
Housing and public protection
Newton bar
Wakefield
West York’s
Wf1 2tx

21/0/2008

Dear Janet

RE THE GIRNHILL ESTATE

Dear Janet

I have to contact you over one matter that is particularly still out standing and of a public safety issue. You will be aware of recorded reports of a metal container on the Girnhill estate since December that has had its lock broken off. The container was and is being used for the storage of asbestos by the demolition contractor.
Since the lock was removed the container has become a play den for local kids. This is bad enough. Shouldn’t the contractor have taken the container with them?
My major concern is that the serial arsonist will take a fancy to this item. If the asbestos store does go up in smoke then it will be a major incident that even the fire brigade would have to use procedure against. As for the rest of Featherstone it is very likely and has been for 7 weeks that at any time everyone could be covered in fine fall out particles of asbestos. The fire service and police should be contacted and warned.
As for the container, I think it has been ignored long enough.

Regards
John

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2009, 07:56:55 pm »

there is an old saying "there is always someone worse of than yourself". this is the story befor
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/wakefield-news/39No-power-will-move-us.4886901.jp
my impresion of Richard is he looks a fighter. hell of a picture.
Forkhandles

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2009, 08:17:13 pm »

there is an old saying "there is always someone worse of than yourself". this is the story befor
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/wakefield-news/39No-power-will-move-us.4886901.jp
my impresion of Richard is he looks a fighter. hell of a picture.

They're willing to spend £9m on a nature park, but can't even give the residents a fair deal, it beggars belief, they're no better than dictators, they make me sick Angry Angry
Kim685

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2009, 10:32:56 pm »

They're willing to spend £9m on a nature park, but can't even give the residents a fair deal, it beggars belief, they're no better than dictators, they make me sick Angry Angry

How can they justify that? It's disgusting  Angry

Whistleblower

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2009, 07:35:19 pm »

What’s happened to Mr T’s reports lately ?, seems to have gone quiet for a while, hope things are ok Huh
fev angel

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:25 pm »

i dont think there has been any more fire,s but i do know more people are moveing out
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum