Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:52:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Old places you used to go in Fev

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old places you used to go in Fev  (Read 3010 times)
floss

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 04:29:52 pm »

I can beat that forkhandles ....... he was my grandad,

everything i ever learned about featherstone and all around here came from him, he worked the horse and cart after a shift at the pit then "waited on" in the top house, he only had a half share in the horse and cart, the other half was harold hinchcliffes, and the last job he ever did with it was to move him my gran and auntie ann out of Kimberly street to woodcorner, he was the one that sat me down as a bairn and told me the story of John Gully and only once gave me a pearl of wisdom which was "if tha buys it for a quid and sells it for 21 bob, thas in profit" ...... i was 6

An old bugger most of the time, but loved him none the less
Hey fevlad if you are bills grandson and he shared half the horse and cart with harold  HOW come i had to go for the god damn oats on a saturday morning to taylors shop LOL... i had to push a battered old pushchair so i could manage bet i was only 7/8years old at the time but i used to get aride on the cart sometimes and as for your grandad making a profit when he moved to wood corner i used to go up with my dad and he would try and sell me some apples said i couldn't have one without money but your gran always gave me one loved them two they were great.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum