Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:38:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

is this true

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is this true  (Read 2203 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 08:48:33 pm »

The reason the greens are taking a stand, is because roy bickerton tried to bully them into selling to netto.

I am led to believe that the document was sent to planning?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 09:41:19 pm »

Since reading the letter it takes a little time to trace the facts. Sure you only wish to read the facts as they become proven.
 Let’s answer the first point.

1.At no time ever have the Greens negotiated/ talked to Netto?

What do you think Forkhandles?
Forkhandles

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 09:46:07 pm »

How do i know if they've talked to netto, i just know he tried to bully them with threats to sell to netto.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 10:02:30 pm »

The Greens talking not ever talking to Netto was point one and a good place to start that’s all.

I assume we move on to point 3 “harassment”. Who has witnessed this? Are there any witnesses for or against? Is there a record of meetings and who actually attended? Do the allegations stem only from the letter or other legally submitable item.
Willow

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 11:29:22 am »

yetion1, if you know something, why don't you just tell us.

As I am not politically biased, I see the letter the same way as forkhandles, that they will now not negociate with Netto because of the bullying. In my opinion, no one can force planning into doing anything. At the end of the day, it looks like we are getting a supermarket, that's all that matters.
Hi Kim no offence here but look at the letter again.
We will not enter into discussions with Netto. This statement alone is fare enough, but the rest of the statement is worded very carefully and two words in particular were put there for a reason Residential Development. These words scream out to me, pass Lidl or Fev doesn't get a supermarket. You are right no one can force planning into anything but to me it looks like the Green's are giving it a dam good try.
Willow

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 12:02:33 pm »

How do i know if they've talked to netto, i just know he tried to bully them with threats to sell to netto.
If you had some land to sell would you except the first offer or talk to all party's interested to get the best price you could. As Netto have been very interested then it makes scene to me that the Green's would have at some point been in negotiations with them.
How do you know that the Green's were bullied were you present at anytime when this so called bulling happened.

Forkhandles

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 12:21:56 pm »

Of course i was'nt present, they were bullied over the phone, bickerton and clayton wanted the land to build on.
Willow

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 12:35:18 pm »

Of course i was'nt present, they were bullied over the phone, bickerton and clayton wanted the land to build on.
Are you saying that Bickerton and Clayton were to build the Netto supermarket if Netto acquired the land.
Forkhandles

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 06:14:02 pm »

Are you saying that Bickerton and Clayton were to build the Netto supermarket if Netto acquired the land.

No, houses willow, i never said it was netto doing the bullying cs.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 06:34:37 pm »

yetion1, if you know something, why don't you just tell us.

As I am not politically biased, I see the letter the same way as forkhandles, that they will now not negociate with Netto because of the bullying. In my opinion, no one can force planning into doing anything. At the end of the day, it looks like we are getting a supermarket, that's all that matters.
Hi Kim no offence here but look at the letter again.
We will not enter into discussions with Netto. This statement alone is fare enough, but the rest of the statement is worded very carefully and two words in particular were put there for a reason Residential Development. These words scream out to me, pass Lidl or Fev doesn't get a supermarket. You are right no one can force planning into anything but to me it looks like the Green's are giving it a dam good try.

Were you Sherlock Holmes in an earlier life? He would have been proud.
Residential development and regeneration mentioned, why indeed. My opinion is a statement from a politician perhaps?
No one can force planning? Or can they? Before any major trial until its end the law blanks out press coverage so that any decision is not influenced. Why did Roy get a front page for a page 16 article on the day of the planning meeting?
Why did planning allow Cllr Margaret Isherwood to continue when they knew she had to abstain? Roy has been reported to the standards board. So have 21 other Labour and conservative Cllrs over the same matter. The pontefract and Castleford Express knew there where other complaints of a more serious nature and subject.
Any comments on the date stamp? If WMDC received should it not have WMDC above the date and the department below all within a text box?
As it usually takes 28 days to recieve information such as letter from the freedom of information office how has a WMDC council employie who is on the sick obtained the letter they originally posted?
Kim685

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 06:56:12 pm »

How do you know that the Green's were bullied were you present at anytime when this so called bulling happened.

Thing is, how do we know they weren't bullied or pressured? You all ask if anyone witnessed it. Can anyone prove they weren't? Is this why Bickerton is being investigated? I suppose it will all come out in the end one way or another  Huh
I'll shut up now  Grin

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 07:01:05 pm »

No need to shut up Kim your points add to the tale. You are correct on all fronts. This story is just going to have to unfold. Grin
Willow

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 02:37:52 pm »

No, houses willow, i never said it was netto doing the bullying cs.
Were does it say in the letter the Green's sent that there was any harassment from Mr Bickerton to force a sale to him. Sorry but i just don't see any mention of it.
fev angel

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 05:17:50 pm »

http://featherstonesmad.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,1111.msg5419.html#msg5419
http://featherstonesmad.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,1111.msg5431.html#msg5431

Two excellent posts Willow.

The reason the greens are taking a stand, is because roy bickerton tried to bully them into selling to netto.

Forkhandles as you say that you were not present when the bullying took place. Why are you so confident it did. Making a statement based on heresay, if repeated and not substantiated is construed as libel in law, if it seeks to harm the the persons character in the view of other people.
Where does your "evidence", if any, come from? If it is based soley on the letter in question, if so then it is at this moment not factual and until the accusers prove the allegation it will remain not factual. 
What do you mean by "I just know"? Is that a personal gut feeling, personal annoyance at the person or have you been given/seen proof?
There appears to be alot of political rhetoric by a certain party in the town which is being fuelled by some peoples personal views on the person being accused of the bullying.

Your comment :-"bickerton and clayton wanted the land to build on."
What evidence is there of this? Were could I and others see it?

Citizen Smith said in a post:-
"Forkhandles" I hope that the Greens have harder evidence than a conversation by phone as their evidence of 'bullying'. Netto have one of the largest legal departments in the supermarket industry. I am pretty confident that that machinery is already in gear.........
I did not say you had said Netto were bullying Forkhandles, sorry if this is how you read it. My meaning was Netto are involved by implication, as the person accussed of bullying appears to be doing the bullying to achieve a result from which they (Netto) may benefit.

can i ask are you a indi member you seem to know alot about this
Forkhandles

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 07:40:33 pm »

CS, why don't you go and ask the greens, as i did?
Forkhandles

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 08:43:05 pm »

Forkhandles, thank you for the reply and your suggestion about asking the Greens.....

I am sorry to say that someone, telling someone else something, does not constitute evidencial fact in law. While I respect your right to believe whom you choose to believe is right or wrong, I have to say that it takes a little more than a verbal statement to convince the system of the same right and wrong. As I said, with respect, you like I, have the right to make our own judgement. I base my judgement on the evidence presented. I as of yet have not seen any evidence.

As for asking the Greens, well unless I thought they could show me some evidence of bullying then I see no point. Quite a number of people at the moment are saying "the Greens say so" but no one has said "I have seen evidence" or "I witnessed it happen".
I deal in fact and fiction every day, from various sources, and have to make a judgement call to seperate one from the other, based on hard evidence, nothing else, so until some proof emerges to substantiate the allegations I shall choose to question the accusation rather than condemn the accused.

Fair comment CS Grin
belle

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 09:14:11 pm »

Firstly let me express one point ....I AM in favour of a supermarket for Featherstone and think that we do so desperately need one !

However, after reading through this topic i can't help thinking maybe we are reading too much into this letter from the Greens.  Smiley

The Greens are doing what the majority of people would do and looking after themselves by wanting to get the best price they can and i suspect Lidl has offered them that and maybe they think by threatening not to enter into negotiations with Netto that they can "bully" the Council into getting the plans passed.

I have worked in the property industry (conveyancing) for 10 years and the market is very unpredictable and very slow so if the Council dont get "bullied" and decide not to pass the plans then maybe , just maybe, the Greens may have a change of heart and enter into negotiations with Netto when they realise the property market is so very unpredictable. This letter is only words ...something we all use to try and get what we want  Grin

Just my opinion  Grin
claytonroyston

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 09:50:47 am »

in the recent replys to the topic of the land belonging to the greens 2 people quoted that bickerton and clayton
were trying to purchase the land for development (housing) .my name is clayton and i have lived in the district
of featherstone all my life and no way have i been involved in any land deals.if you are willing to publish names
please put the full name down,i dont want people pointing fingers at me.

Fev has changed too much :S
Willow

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 01:40:18 pm »

in the recent replys to the topic of the land belonging to the greens 2 people quoted that bickerton and clayton
were trying to purchase the land for development (housing) .my name is clayton and i have lived in the district
of featherstone all my life and no way have i been involved in any land deals.if you are willing to publish names
please put the full name down,i dont want people pointing fingers at me.
I apologise for my use of the name Clayton. I would have used the full name of this person if I had any idea who Forkhandles was talking about.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 06:51:16 pm »

Looks like the P+C can be confirmed as a full blown weekly labour party news letter then. Not one mention of the 24 Cllrs or ex-Cllrs that are under investigation.
Love the supermarket piece; guess they neglected to read the highways report just like the planning department did.
I bet i can guess next weeks front page Wink Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum