Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:59:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

is this true

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is this true  (Read 2156 times)
fev angel

« on: April 01, 2009, 07:36:39 pm »

In this week's Express
From Pontefract and Castleford Express

* Featherstone councillor Roy Bickerton is being investigated after allegations of misconduct were made against him, we can exclusively reveal.

iam in shock or my eyes have gone funny
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:02:49 pm »

Oh yes its true Wink But dont forget investigation does not mean guilty. The P+C do not wish to publish other investigations, i wonder why. The P+C will need a centre page when the results come in.
What some one forgot to see was that it will be the key to the door to reveal exactly who has been naughty.
this may give you a clue,

John Pitt

Chief monitoring officer

The standards board

WMDC

Ref: none declaration of interest

Dear Mr Pitt

After being contacted by the press today I have been compelled to write to you as a situation has been brought to my attention that a Cllr has been reported to the standards board. There crime appears to be talking to 2 different supermarkets to offer as much help as is allowed to be offered for the sake of the town as an elected member.

I am sure I do not need to remind you of the volatile politics in Featherstone nor the often one sided complaints given. I believe it is time for this to be ended.

I would therefore ask that you consider concerns that appear to be missing. Cllr Margaret Isherwood is a town council member and a WMDC planning committee member. According to a Labour party run web site Cllr Isherwood and proposed labour candidate Richard Taylor have both talked with the owners of the property known as Modetex where the super market is planned. A result of this appears to have manifested in the form of a slanderous letter that has now been acted on by a solicitor who is now perusing the case. Should Cllr Isherwood not declare an interest in this Thursday planning meeting or be excluded pending investigation?

Yet again it would appear that only Independent Cllrs are regularly accused by the Featherstone labour party.
fev angel

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:08:54 pm »

I don’t always agree with what is and has been happening in Featherstone iam shock to hear this can you reveal why he has had these accusations against him
fev angel

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:10:44 pm »

http://galleries.wdrh.org.uk/forum2/index.php?topic=195.0

this is a link to a letter on the other forum
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:30:55 pm »

sorry Karen but all i can see is a scrolling headline. Is the link right?

The headline is a good one, what deal?
Little Miss Sunshine

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 07:46:02 am »

Yes the links correct! I've just read the letter from Mr and Mrs Green from Head of Planning! Smiley
fev angel

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 09:10:16 am »

thanks can anyon els see this
eleanora

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 11:41:20 am »

yes it worked for me ta
Kim685

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 03:29:30 pm »

Me too. Interesting letter

fev angel

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 04:45:10 pm »

very im shocked to read it dident know who e,ls had seen it on the other forum
Whistleblower

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 06:51:57 pm »

Your link works fine for me Karen, I saw it yesterday on the other forum and was shocked by it, its easy to jump to the wrong conclusions but it will be interesting when the full story comes out
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 08:17:37 pm »

I thank you for checking and all who have confirmed its there.
I can see a telly tubby and a blue screen for comments. I can see elvis and a reply.

I could be wrong, a thought is that i am still locked out. The go away message has now gone?
Any chance of copying and pasting?
fev angel

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »

Your link works fine for me Karen, I saw it yesterday on the other forum and was shocked by it, its easy to jump to the wrong conclusions but it will be interesting when the full story comes out
yes it will be i have to say i worked with roy and he doesent seem that kind of person and i very much hope iam wrong
saneasaduck

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 08:36:24 pm »

I thank you for checking and all who have confirmed its there.
I can see a telly tubby and a blue screen for comments. I can see elvis and a reply.

I could be wrong, a thought is that i am still locked out. The go away message has now gone?
Any chance of copying and pasting?
it apears to be a photo of a letter so it wont copy and paste?
Whistleblower

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:00 pm »

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:27 pm »

Thanks Grin
Time for some reading and checking.
Willow

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:21 pm »

In my view there are always to sides to the story and the way I see things though I could be wrong, but wont believe it until some hard evidence come to light.
Council Bickerton has in fact been doing what everyone wanted and is trying to get a supermarket in Featherstone. Netto have shown interest so he has done what he can to help them achieve their goal and give the people what they want.
The rest of the letter seem typical business to me.
Netto want to build a supermarket Mr and Mrs green have the land.
Number 5 comes up for sale, Netto see that this property would benefit them for access to the land if they should acquire the land from the Green's. The Green's also see the property as a ideal opportunity, they would be in a much better bargaining position if they were to own number 5. Number 5 was sold to the highest bidder Netto. The Greens aren't happy about this has they want to sell the land to Lidl (most likely the highest bidder for the land) As number 5 is owned by Netto and this could cause problems for access to the land by Lidl The Green's could loose out.
Paragraph 5 says a lot to me. The Green's are saying if consent isn't given to Lidl then Featherstone won't get a supermarket. They will not enter into discussions with Netto, and will hold onto the land for residential development. Which says to me they have no intention of selling to Netto or any supermarket chain that shows interest.
So I ask who is forcing who here, because to me it looks like the Green's are trying to force planning into passing Lidl's plans and rejecting Netto's.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »

In my view there are always to sides to the story and the way I see things though I could be wrong, but wont believe it until some hard evidence come to light.
Council Bickerton has in fact been doing what everyone wanted and is trying to get a supermarket in Featherstone. Netto have shown interest so he has done what he can to help them achieve their goal and give the people what they want.
The rest of the letter seem typical business to me.
Netto want to build a supermarket Mr and Mrs green have the land.
Number 5 comes up for sale, Netto see that this property would benefit them for access to the land if they should acquire the land from the Green's. The Green's also see the property as a ideal opportunity, they would be in a much better bargaining position if they were to own number 5. Number 5 was sold to the highest bidder Netto. The Greens aren't happy about this has they want to sell the land to Lidl (most likely the highest bidder for the land) As number 5 is owned by Netto and this could cause problems for access to the land by Lidl The Green's could loose out.
Paragraph 5 says a lot to me. The Green's are saying if consent isn't given to Lidl then Featherstone won't get a supermarket. They will not enter into discussions with Netto, and will hold onto the land for residential development. Which says to me they have no intention of selling to Netto or any supermarket chain that shows interest.
So I ask who is forcing who here, because to me it looks like the Green's are trying to force planning into passing Lidl's plans and rejecting Netto's.

At last some one has actually read the facts Grin
Willow you have nearly cracked it. Add a twist of Fev polatics. The best is yet to come. Wink
Forkhandles

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 07:30:10 pm »

The reason the greens are taking a stand, is because roy bickerton tried to bully them into selling to netto.
Kim685

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 08:26:04 pm »

yetion1, if you know something, why don't you just tell us.

As I am not politically biased, I see the letter the same way as forkhandles, that they will now not negociate with Netto because of the bullying. In my opinion, no one can force planning into doing anything. At the end of the day, it looks like we are getting a supermarket, that's all that matters.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum