Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:46:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Loscoe / Norminton Industrial Estate

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loscoe / Norminton Industrial Estate  (Read 580 times)
ex_fev_resident

« on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:38 pm »

Hello.

Im hoping that someone may be able to help, but its a longshot!
Like many of the older generation of featherstone my father and his family were from Loscoe, I have been trawling websites and contacting wakefield council to try to find some old pictures for him. A trip down memory lane for him essentially.

I have managed to find only one, and then Locsoe is only a side of focus part of the image!

If anyone has anything to do with Loscoe or the old Don Pedro pit I would be very appreciative

All the best
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:30:59 pm »

I'm sure i've seen a book with pictures of loscoe in it mate, it was more of a booklet than a book, try the local history section of the libraries in cas, ponte, fev, or normanton, my cousin used to live in loscoe and work at the dom pedro, everyone calls it the don pedro, but it was named after the person who opened it, and that was the emperor of brazil dom pedro, the booklet was all about loscoe with photoes and stories by local people, sorry i can't be of more help. Grin

In fact i'll have a look for you if you live out of the area Grin
ex_fev_resident

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:15:59 pm »

thats actually really useful, i'm still in wakefield but the council don't appear to have anything.

I'll start trawling the local libraries, its good to know that there may be something out there!

thats brilliant mate, thank you very much.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:21:12 pm »

Welcome ex-fev-res. There are some great minds on this forum who I am sure will point out any leads if they know them.
Featherstone library will be of interest to you. Many Featherstone pictures are filed but there are a lot that are not. If you ask they may offer for you to look at the boxes full of pictures.
Tony Lumb and Ian Dransfield are well known Featherstone collectors of such pictures and would be worth asking.
There are also some great local websites whose links are shown in some of the Featherstone history stories on this site.
Good luck and please let us all know if you find any.
ex_fev_resident

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:17 am »

Thanks yetion

Phoned around a few places yesterday and got some more ideas, need to visit the historical office in wakefield too.

The advice has been very appreciated.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum